TRIO - THREE DISTINCT DINING EXPERIENCE - purchase onboard? and what is the price?

toinoi

Hi folks.

I've searched the MSC forum, as I thought I'd seen this answered before - but no luck using a number of terms :(

My DW and myself are excited to be going on the MSC Seaside in November 2018 - a little away off yet!

However, based on some great reviews of the pay-restaurants from here on CC - looking at reserving the TRIO - THREE DISTINCT DINING EXPERIENCES package prior to sailing at some time.

While I appreciate the ship hasn't launched yet :) I'm interested in understanding if on the MSC Divina:

1. Can you purchase the package onboard?

2. What is the USD price? (I recall seeing USD$50)

• Is that inclusive, or do you need to pay a gratuity (18%?) on top of that price if purchased on board?

We're from Australia, and the prices here seem significantly higher in AUD ($104). Also, not used to/understand gratuities particularly well (i.e. when they are applied!)

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Darren

Hi Darren. This is what's showing on my Divina booking:

DIVINA DINING PACKAGE - 3 DINING EXPERIENCES The best culinary experience at sea at a value price! Explore gourmet highlights of the world’s finest cuisines in the relaxed authentic atmosphere of three of our speciality restaurants: EATALY STEAKHOUSE, GALAXY and EATALY PIZZA. Our Maître d'hôtel will assist you with planning and reservation of your experiences. $50 pp

DIVINA DINING PACKAGE - 4 DINING EXPERIENCES The best culinary experience at sea at a value price! Explore gourmet highlights of the world’s finest cuisines in the relaxed authentic atmosphere of four of our specialty restaurants: EATALY STEAKHOUSE, RISTORANTE ITALIA, GALAXY and EATALY PIZZA. Our Maître d'hôtel will be happy to help you plan and reserve your experiences. $75 pp

I don't know if you can book these onboard or not or if the 15% service charge is added. Usually the service charge is applied to drinks and spa packages booked onboard. You avoid this if you book beforehand.

Hi folks.

I've searched the MSC forum, as I thought I'd seen this answered before - but no luck using a number of terms :(

My DW and myself are excited to be going on the MSC Seaside in November 2018 - a little away off yet!

However, based on some great reviews of the pay-restaurants from here on CC - looking at reserving the TRIO - THREE DISTINCT DINING EXPERIENCES package prior to sailing at some time.

While I appreciate the ship hasn't launched yet :) I'm interested in understanding if on the MSC Divina:

1. Can you purchase the package onboard?

2. What is the USD price? (I recall seeing USD$50)

• Is that inclusive, or do you need to pay a gratuity (18%?) on top of that price if purchased on board?

We're from Australia, and the prices here seem significantly higher in AUD ($104). Also, not used to/understand gratuities particularly well (i.e. when they are applied!)

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Darren

Interestingly for our cruise on the Seaside in April is showing as $94 AU - which is still very much more than the $50 US, so even with 15% gratuity added on board would still be cheaper than buying it in AU -around $72.50 AU

Save

Hi Darren. This is what's showing on my Divina booking:

DIVINA DINING PACKAGE - 3 DINING EXPERIENCES The best culinary experience at sea at a value price! Explore gourmet highlights of the world’s finest cuisines in the relaxed authentic atmosphere of three of our speciality restaurants: EATALY STEAKHOUSE, GALAXY and EATALY PIZZA. Our Maître d'hôtel will assist you with planning and reservation of your experiences. $50 pp

I don't know if you can book these onboard or not or if the 15% service charge is added. Usually the service charge is applied to drinks and spa packages booked onboard. You avoid this if you book beforehand.

Thanks as always for the info Bea! Ever helpful!!! :halo:

Interestingly for our cruise on the Seaside in April is showing as $94 AU - which is still very much more than the $50 US, so even with 15% gratuity added on board would still be cheaper than buying it in AU -around $72.50 AU

Cross fingers we can buy onboard EssG! You're spot on - even with exchange rate, and gratuity it's still cheaper! It's also a bit disappointing that we don't get other perks like the free drinks package/internet etc, but I appreciate that MSC are trying to target the American market. Us Aussies don't really count at the moment :(

Thanks as always for the info Bea! Ever helpful!!! :halo:

Cross fingers we can buy onboard EssG! You're spot on - even with exchange rate, and gratuity it's still cheaper! It's also a bit disappointing that we don't get other perks like the free drinks package/internet etc, but I appreciate that MSC are trying to target the American market. Us Aussies don't really count at the moment :(

Hopefully they will realize they have an untapped market in Aus, as many like us have now done all all the ports offered on the the Local Cruise market and is looking further afield :)

Save

Save

Please note that the US price for the 3 meal combo on the Seaside is $69. Bea's quoted price of $50 was for Divina if I recall correctly. Use this price when doing the currency conversion.

Stan

Yeah .......... you're right, Stan. Darren (the OP) had referenced what was on Divina and I quoted the 2 different packages from my Divina booking to show that even the 4 Dining Experiences wasn't as expensive as the Trio one that Darren was quoted on the Australian site.

Darren ................. I'd hold off on pre-booking packages 'til the ship sails and you can get some feedback on the experiences. You'll also be able to find out if the 15% service charge is added if booking onboard. If the US$ continues to fall in value over the next few months, you may even get a better exchange rate later on.

• 3 months later...

Sorry if this has been asked before. So on MSC Seaside the TRIO - THREE DISTINCT DINING EXPERIENCES is $69 PP for the package. First, is this dinner in each of the featured restaurants (three separate nights/days)? Secondly, at $69 PP, are you getting a "full" meal at each or are the portions much smaller compared to if you purchased dinner at that specific restaurant separately? Would appreciate any feedback from any of the MSC experts on CC. Thank you.

Sorry if this has been asked before. So on MSC Seaside the TRIO - THREE DISTINCT DINING EXPERIENCES is $69 PP for the package. First, is this dinner in each of the featured restaurants (three separate nights/days)? Secondly, at $69 PP, are you getting a "full" meal at each or are the portions much smaller compared to if you purchased dinner at that specific restaurant separately? Would appreciate any feedback from any of the MSC experts on CC. Thank you.
After 4 calls today I finally got an agent who was able to book the Trio package for me. Two people didn't know what it was and one said they couldn't add it to my booking. It is for the Steak house, the Seafood restaurant and the Asian restaurant. In each restaurant you get to choose three items from a certain part of the menu. We are using it to see what place we might want to go back to for the full experience. If you call they want to reserve all the restaurants right then so give it some thought before you call. If you book it online (Which isn't working right now) you need to reserve your times when you get on board. Bob

After 4 calls today I finally got an agent who was able to book the Trio package for me. Two people didn't know what it was and one said they couldn't add it to my booking. It is for the Steak house, the Seafood restaurant and the Asian restaurant. In each restaurant you get to choose three items from a certain part of the menu. We are using it to see what place we might want to go back to for the full experience. If you call they want to reserve all the restaurants right then so give it some thought before you call. If you book it online (Which isn't working right now) you need to reserve your times when you get on board. Bob

Bob - How timely that you were also checking on this. Thanks very much for your feedback. The key words from your note I zeroed in on are, "you get to choose three items from a certain part of the menu". I guess there is no way of knowing ahead of time which items on the menu are specific just for the Trio package. Either way though, it still seems like a great deal.

Thanks again.

Bob - How timely that you were also checking on this. Thanks very much for your feedback. The key words from your note I zeroed in on are, "you get to choose three items from a certain part of the menu". I guess there is no way of knowing ahead of time which items on the menu are specific just for the Trio package. Either way though, it still seems like a great deal.

Thanks again.

Check the menus on this thread and I think you will be able to figure it out, I hope it's in the Dining Experience section, but you never know until we get there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2570941

Notice in Butcher's Cut it says something about "Selection of cuts of meat are available". Bob

Edited by CTBob

Check the menus on this thread and I think you will be able to figure it out, I hope it's in the Dining Experience section, but you never know until we get there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2570941

Notice in Butcher's Cut it says something about "Selection of cuts of meat are available". Bob

Bob - Thanks! I see what you are saying and think you are right that it's in the Dining Experience section. If you choose something that's not in the Dining Experience package then you pay extra for that item. When I saw an item in Butchers Cut for around $90, I knew it probably wasn't included :)

Bob - Thanks! I see what you are saying and think you are right that it's in the Dining Experience section. If you choose something that's not in the Dining Experience package then you pay extra for that item. When I saw an item in Butchers Cut for around $90, I knew it probably wasn't included :)

I wonder if the Ocean Cay menu is missing a section as there is no Dinning Experience package section on that menu. I really don’t see MSC allowing guests to get a $29 dollar appetizer when they only paid $69 for the trio dinning package.

I am calling MSC today to see what restaurants we can choose from for our black card dinner. I also want to find out more about the Chef’s table.

Children:$ 69*pp

Adults:$ 69*pp

SEASIDE DINING EXPERIENCE. Three distinct dining experiences ... OCEAN CAY SEAFOOD RESTAURANT, ASIAN MARKET and BUTCHER'S CUT STEAKHOUSE . Ocean Cay is an exclusive venue offering signature seafood menu: sea bass, crab, clams. oysters and much more ... Asian Market Kitchen by Roy Yamaguchi is offering exquisite sushi, sashimi and tempura created by famous Chef Roy Yamaguchi, with much more to it at the row bar and teppanyaki table. Butchers' Cut is a unique parlor where the guests can choose their favorite beef breeds and cuts from our glass-fronted meat ageing fridges. The package includes food only, a three-courses dinner to choose from the à la carte menu. Some items may be subject to extra charge. Day of booking to be confirmed on board.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I wonder if the Ocean Cay menu is missing a section as there is no Dinning Experience package section on that menu. I really don’t see MSC allowing guests to get a $29 dollar appetizer when they only paid $69 for the trio dinning package.

I am calling MSC today to see what restaurants we can choose from for our black card dinner. I also want to find out more about the Chef’s table.

Can you let us know what you find out? Thanks!

When I had the 4 dining package on Divina, I could choose three or four courses. This was anything I wanted including lobster and aged steak. The whole menu was included, which was a surprise. The description on the Seaside says ANY 3/4 choices, so does this mean you could have three main coursers and one jumbo starter?

Can you let us know what you find out? Thanks!

Not a lot to report.

They told me about the $69 pp trio special.

Ocean cay is $40 pp which includes a 25% discount.

There is a $75 pp Chef’s table at Butcher’s cut.