Looking for older cruise menus

Hey everyone,

Someone suggested I could try posting this here. I'm writing my thesis about the history of food on cruises. Menus are a great way for me to examine how the food offered on cruises has changed over time. I've had great success with stuff from 1880-1970 and 2012-2017, but I cannot find much from that middle period.

If anyone happens to have menus or anything food-related lying around from any of their cruises between 1970 and 2012 I would really appreciate them. Feel free to PM me with them if you prefer. Kindly let me know the year you took the cruise and which country/state it departed from. Also let me know how you would like to be credited i.e. by username, real name, or anonymous.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to try to scan and post. I have boxes of menus from Home Lines, HAL, Cunard, Italian Line and French Line from 1970 to 1982. That's when menus were dated and frequently included "en route to......" Some are from cruises, some from T/A's.

I'm going to try to scan and post. I have boxes of menus from Home Lines, HAL, Cunard, Italian Line and French Line from 1970 to 1982. That's when menus were dated and frequently included "en route to......" Some are from cruises, some from T/A's.

That sounds fantastic! I look forward to seeing them. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

• 2 months later...
I’ve got a lot of info from the 70s and 80s - my father was an executive who helped found and ran one of the largest F&B cruise companies in the world. I’d be happy to speak with you.

Hey, thank you very much for reaching out. I would be delighted to know more about the F&B company. It sounds like the information you have will be helpful to me.

I haven't been around here much and am unfamiliar with how private messaging works. Could you please message me about this?