Marriott at Seattle Airport and Light Rail

since the hotels downtown are so expensive I'm thinking of staying at the airport and using the light rail to go downtown to do some sightseeing during the day. Then going on Alaska Cruise out of Seattle

Any thoughts?

About a 3-4 block walk (depending on how you measure blocks) from the Sea-Tac Link station. Curiously that's about as far as the walk from the terminal to the station through the parking garage so not too far. Link works well for getting to downtown but has a lot of stops. Since the airport is the second stop from the current end of the line it usually is not too full heading downtown. Coming back, depending on which station you board at, it can be full in the late afternoon but thins out as people get off. If returning to the Marriott in evening it would not be bad. On cruise day taxi or Uber/Lyft are the better options with luggage, especially for Pier 91.

• 6 months later...

I think that's a great idea. Yeah, I've never really seen an airport that far away from a dedicated train stop before. But once you get over that and just accept you're going to have to walk a bit, the ride itself is easy. It's quite clean and if you know your stop ahead of time, it's super easy to buy tickets and get on/off. BART in NorCal is much, much dirtier and much harder to use IMO.

The Marriott appears to be about the same distance as your typical terminal from the train stop. A 3-4 block walk is a good description of the distance.

• 2 weeks later...
since the hotels downtown are so expensive I'm thinking of staying at the airport and using the light rail to go downtown to do some sightseeing during the day. Then going on Alaska Cruise out of Seattle

Any thoughts?

https://www.bing.com/maps?&ty=18&q=Seattle%20Airport%20Marriott%20Seattle%20WA&ss=ypid.YN926x227249469&ppois=47.4439430236816_-122.290740966797_Seattle%20Airport%20Marriott_YN926x227249469~&cp=47.443943~-122.290741&v=2&sV=1

The Hilton is closer to the light rail. The Marriott is a longer walk with a bit of a hill to climb. The light rail is busy with commuters during commute hours, with more seating available later a.m. and early p.m.

You might also consider Uber. It's widely used in the Seattle area.

As a native to the pacific northwest and frequent traveler, I can say we have lagged behind other cities in mass transit. The light rail system and routes will be expanded in the next decade.

Hi, you did not say which cruise ship terminal you will need. There are two: one downtown is Pier 66, the other is outside of downtown (3.5 miles away). This is Pier 91.

There are good tips already posted about the light rail system in Seattle on this thread; if you are using it to commute to downtown to see the sights, it should work.

However, when it comes to getting to the terminal from your hotel, it might not offer a free shuttle to the terminal. You may have to look into a taxi, hiring a shuttle service, or using either Uber or Lyft.