Mani / Pedi - Colors and matching or not

Noreen411

• 2 months later...

Getting my Mani/Pedi tonight before my Mediterranean Cruise in 3 days. Going for a sheer light pink with a bit of sparkles on my fingers and a bright Pinkish Red for my toes. But, that always changes when I go look at the color wall. SO we will see what I end up with. My first Cruise. Excited. this is the last thing to do expect for Pack!!

• 3 weeks later...

I always get my nails done before a cruise then regret it as they grow out and I can't do anything fun ( try rock climbing and such). This time I'm getting a few packs of press on nails. I'll have pretty fingers when I want them and can pop them off when i don't want them. I have super thin nails ( think 2 plys of plastic wrap) I've actually had 4 nails bend back and stay and not even notice because they are so thin and flimsy. Although when i go to a salon and have them done I realize just how fast they do grow. After a week and a day they've grown out so far they need to be filled in. So press ons it is this time. I'll just change them as the mood hits😄

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. Just back from another cruise and did not match my toes and fingers.

I went with purple on my toes and a sparkly peach on my fingers. The fingers were a gel manicure so it lasts over 2 weeks.

23ee6f8de2e8bcadfb3389d390d353a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have any of you tried Color Street nail polish strips? I've been using them for almost two months. Much cheaper than gel manicures and super easy to apply. They last two weeks on ny fingernails and almost a month on toenails.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is the ballpark price for a gel mani-pedi these days?

Most people find it unnecessary to get gel on their toes; regular polish lasts just fine. Save your money and just get gel on your fingers.

Okay - tell me how crazy this is:

For my cruise, I'm seriously considering getting the nails on my right hand and right foot done in green (for starboard navigation lights), and my left hand & foot done in red (for port navigation lights). Fun and cruise-ey? Or too esoteric/nautical/just plain weird?

Only because you asked.....

Yep, I think it's pretty crazy, and I think the whole relationship to navigational lights would be lost on most people. Even without that reference, I'd find the combo of red and green to be really odd for polish colors. But if it makes you happy.....

• 4 weeks later...