Is there a luggage transfer desk at Yokohama Port??

westcoasttech

Can anyone confirm that there is a luggage transfer desk at Yokohama Port??

I can find information on Google that seems to imply that there might be, but can't find any definite reference. I have seen the address of a depot close to the port, but that would probably involve taking a taxi, to and from the depot, and I'd rather not be wandering around Yokohama by myself! The website for Yamato states that there are desks at the various airports or that the hotels will make arrangements, but I cannot find any reference to a desk at the Port.

My idea is to send my large suitcase ahead of me overnight to an Osaka hotel so I don't have to wrangle it onto the bullet train. Anyone with any recent experience of luggage transfer services from the port?

Thanks!

I have worked on cruise ships sailing into and out of Yokohama for over 35 years.

For the past 20 years or so, there has always been at least one luggage transfer desk open there.

Often there have been 2 or 3.

Quite often they deliver pre-printed luggage transfer tags to the ship to make it easier for the pax to use their services.

Can anyone confirm that there is a luggage transfer desk at Yokohama Port??

I can find information on Google that seems to imply that there might be, but can't find any definite reference. I have seen the address of a depot close to the port, but that would probably involve taking a taxi, to and from the depot, and I'd rather not be wandering around Yokohama by myself! The website for Yamato states that there are desks at the various airports or that the hotels will make arrangements, but I cannot find any reference to a desk at the Port.

My idea is to send my large suitcase ahead of me overnight to an Osaka hotel so I don't have to wrangle it onto the bullet train. Anyone with any recent experience of luggage transfer services from the port?

Thanks!

Sagawa is the one that usually has a counter set up for disembarkation at Osanbashi in Yokohama, but it is up to the individual cruise lines to sign off on it.

Here is an article that gives a lot more detail about how it works and what you will need to prepare in advance: