Seabourn Pride is still looking good

ShipsInBergen

Today Star Pride called into Bergen, Norway. I thought many of you here may have memories of this ship as Seabourn Pride; rest assured she still looks great :D

I've added a full set of photos to my hobby blog for those of you who may be interested:

https://shipsinbergen.blogspot.no/2017/07/star-pride.html

20170710_075140.jpg

20170710_165600.jpg

Thanks, ShipsInBergen, for the pictures. Our last cruise on a Sister was on the Pride in May, 2012, Rome to Lisbon, in celebration of my retirement. Like so many others, my DW and I feel a tug at our heart strings whenever we see anything about one of the three Sisters. So many wonderful memories of adventures and marvelous fellow Seabourn passengers. So good to see that the Pride is still beautiful and giving others the same great memories that we have of her. We often speculate about a cruise on one of the three, the Legend in particular, just to experience the ship itself again.

Good to see the Pride, thanks for the pics.

I never sailed on Pride but I was on Odyssey in 2015 just close to where Star Pride was stuck after she ran aground off the Pacific coast of Panama. We'd just transited the canal on the Pacific side when the news started to come through to us . Quite a few long-standing Seabourn guests I talked to were very saddened by the news as the initial reports we had about damage seemed as if it was very severe. A month or so after the cruise ended I became aware that the initial reports had been somewhat overexaggerated, and I'm glad that Windstar was able to fully repair and 'save' Pride. The triplets are such lovely looking ships.

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier this month, we sailed on the Pride on a Windstar circumnavigation of Iceland.

The ship is still very pretty, but it needs of significant updating: the bathrooms are old and very tired-looking, and there are a lot of pipes that have rusted so badly that we (and many other guests) got orange/brown water in their bathrooms.

The suites are the same size as in the Seabourn days, and the decor in the suites was attractive and appeared newish; the public areas had been updated, though (in my opinion) in a cheap-looking way.

Overall, the experience was a letdown -- the Seabourn style and service definitely did not carry over. We went with Windstar on this voyage because we found the itinerary attractive and we had fond memories of sailing on the Legend in its Seabourn days.

I don't mean to discourage those of you who have warm memories of sailing with Seabourn on the three sisters -- just realize that the on-board experience with Windstar will be very different from what you remember.