Seabourn Quest to Antarctica

Verdecruiser

In addition to the great two-layer jacket with the zip-out lining (each layer functions as a stand-alone jacket as well), you will also get a really nice fleece-lined wool hat and a (we thought) perfectly sized backpack to use either onshore in South America or to haul hiking poles, water, layers, camera, etc. in when you are on Antarctica. All are yours to keep.

Also, if you want to save money on gear, check places like Costco, Walmart or Amazon - considerably less $$ than buying or renting from Seabourn's gear provider. And if you buy it and don't think you'll need it after the trip, you can donate it to the staff on the ship or wait to donate it when you get home.

In addition to the great two-layer jacket with the zip-out lining (each layer functions as a stand-alone jacket as well), you will also get a really nice fleece-lined wool hat and a (we thought) perfectly sized backpack to use either onshore in South America or to haul hiking poles, water, layers, camera, etc. in when you are on Antarctica. All are yours to keep.

Also, if you want to save money on gear, check places like Costco, Walmart or Amazon - considerably less $$ than buying or renting from Seabourn's gear provider. And if you buy it and don't think you'll need it after the trip, you can donate it to the staff on the ship or wait to donate it when you get home.

I brought extras of everything (e.g, 2 pairs of waterproof pants, gloves and liners, hats, long underwear, etc.) and didn't need them. I had kept the tags on, so everything I didn't use went back to LLBEAN or Costco.

Our fare went down considerably from the time we first booked and we pursued successive pricing changes for a year. When our fare went down another $1000 after final payment, was made, our travel agent got Seabourn to agree to give us a choice of $500 OBC, which my sister-in-law took, or $1000 future cruise credit, which I took and applied to my upcoming Montreal to Miami cruise this October. Planning to take my Antarctica parka and penguin hat on that one...

Linda