Booking Excursions - Whole Room, or Per Person?

AdventureGal79

Hello! My mother and I are travelling together. When we go to book our excursions, will each of us need to do it separately, or is the booking "per room"? We each have our own MVJ account, and see each other on the "calendar" portion.

She will be unavailable the day our excursions open for booking, so I wanted to see if I could do it for her, or if that even mattered!

Hi AdventureGal79,

We’d like to jump in to provide some assistance, though a few seasoned cruisers have already come to your aide.

You should be able to book shore excursions for yourself and your mother, using your personal My Viking Journey account. When they become available for booking, you’ll find a list of excursions for each day of your itinerary. When you pull up the individual excursion page, just below the date, time, and duration information, is a button for both yourself and your cabin-mate. You should have the ability to use those buttons to select excursions for both yourself and your mother.

Thank you for bringing your question to the community. We hope you enjoy exploring all the options and booking your excursions. Please feel free to reach out directly if you have additional questions at TellUs@VikingCruises.com. Have a great day!

Best,

Viking Cruises

Hello! My mother and I are travelling together. When we go to book our excursions, will each of us need to do it separately, or is the booking "per room"? We each have our own MVJ account, and see each other on the "calendar" portion.

She will be unavailable the day our excursions open for booking, so I wanted to see if I could do it for her, or if that even mattered!

Thank you! Would I need to log in with her MVJ account, or can I book on her behalf?

Thank you, Viking!! <3<3<3

I'm sure what they said is right if you are paying for both excursions. If you have separate accounts for payment, you may have to book separately. When traveling with a friend, that's how we had to do it.

I'm sure what they said is right if you are paying for both excursions. If you have separate accounts for payment, you may have to book separately. When traveling with a friend, that's how we had to do it.

If she is paying for the excursions and has per credit card added to the trip / account, would I be able to use it?

Or would all the good slots be taken if we wait one day and have her book?

More questions. :D You love me right?

• My mother paid in Canadian dollars - are the excursion prices in USD, or would that differ depending on if she views them (in Canada) versus me (in the US)?
  • Are we able to pay for excursions from a bank account versus credit card? If so, would we get the 3% discount for using an e-check?

• My mother paid in Canadian dollars - are the excursion prices in USD, or would that differ depending on if she views them (in Canada) versus me (in the US)?
  • Are we able to pay for excursions from a bank account versus credit card? If so, would we get the 3% discount for using an e-check?

I hope Viking pipes in on your first question. The follow up question is if you log into your mother's MVJ from your US based computer, would you see the prices in USD or CAD? (And, if they are in CAD, then all you have to do is get the credit card info from your mother and make the transactions for her).

I do not think you can pay from a bank account like you can for your cruise fare.

Dear AdventureGal79,

We are happy to help with your follow-up questions. To better understand your unique situation and to ensure we provide accurate answers, however, we kindly request that you send your booking information to us via email at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Once we are able to access the details of your My Viking Journey account, we will be able to supply you with the specifics you’re looking for.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

If she is paying for the excursions and has per credit card added to the trip / account, would I be able to use it?

Write TellUs@vikingcruises.com for exact answer The friend I traveled with and I made our reservations at the same time from our respective houses while we were on the computer and phone with each other.