Things to do in Corinto, Nicaragua?

nasamom

My husband and I are porting in Corinto with HAL in November and I am very interested in the Spaniard/Lusitano Equestrian Farm tour... their web site looks very nice, has any one done this tour?... couldn't find anything previously posted by searching

My husband and I are porting in Corinto with HAL in November and I am very interested in the Spaniard/Lusitano Equestrian Farm tour... their web site looks very nice, has any one done this tour?... couldn't find anything previously posted by searching

A couple of ladies from our cruise went to an equestrian farm- I think it was this one. They really enjoyed it ... if it's the same one, they said it was quite posh and impressive.

Has anyone used JulioTours for the Banana Plantation tour that he offers in the nearby city of Posoltega. I have been unable to locate any information about this place/tour ANYWHERE (Internet, trip advisor, cruise critic etc.) outside of Julio Tours website.

Thanks for any information.

A couple of ladies from our cruise went to an equestrian farm- I think it was this one. They really enjoyed it ... if it's the same one, they said it was quite posh and impressive.

Thanks!... I have horses and I will be desperate for a fix by then!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Has anyone used JulioTours for the Banana Plantation tour that he offers in the nearby city of Posoltega. I have been unable to locate any information about this place/tour ANYWHERE (Internet, trip advisor, cruise critic etc.) outside of Julio Tours website.

Thanks for any information.

We are on a HAL ship next month (Nov). If we do a tour this is one we are considering with Julio tours. They have a good reputation, but I don't know a lot about this specific tour.

We are on a HAL ship next month (Nov). If we do a tour this is one we are considering with Julio tours. They have a good reputation, but I don't know a lot about this specific tour.

If you should do the Banana tour I would love to hear your thoughts. You can always contact me via email (link below) if you like.

Thank you,

• 5 weeks later...

HI I am considering doing a private tour with Julio Tours... for some reason I cannot open your thread...

Where did you go? Just to Leon? or did you do the hot springs as well?

Did you have any issues with timings ? Getting back to ship on time?

Any info would be great... thanks in advance

We were just there in March, here is what we did: Excellent tour includes lunch.

http://www.juliotoursnicaragua.com.ni/index.php/tours/64-shoring-in-corinto

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

We enjoyed Corinto much more than we thought we would as it was so difficult to find any info. We thought we would just stay on board.

We did get off & took a short walk to the entrance of the pier where you are immediately in the town center. On port days they set up many stalls along the road, for several blocks selling trinkets. The 2 person pedi cabs are everywhere & will take you to a black sand beach with 2 eateries, wait & bring you back for $5-$10. We had a really enjoyable time.

• 3 months later...
HI I am considering doing a private tour with Julio Tours... for some reason I cannot open your thread

I also tried the link offered above and have not had any success finding an alternative site for Julio Tours. Have they gone out of business??

I also tried the link offered above and have not had any success finding an alternative site for Julio Tours. Have they gone out of business??

According to their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Julio-Tours-Nicaragua-438547932822351/):

'Hello friends.

The www.juliotoursnicaragua.com.ni is temporarily suspended by technical problems.

We're working on retrieving the data.

Thank you very much for your understanding.'

I get the feeling that the shore excursion tours from Corinto available on viator.com are actually Julio Tours' tours, but via Viator, you can only book a private tour. I hope to find a group to join, otherwise it is quite expensive. (We are a group of four.)

According to their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Julio-Tours-Nicaragua-438547932822351/):

I get the feeling that the shore excursion tours from Corinto available on viator.com are actually Julio Tours' tours, but via Viator, you can only book a private tour. I hope to find a group to join, otherwise it is quite expensive. (We are a group of four.)

Thanks for the reply & tip!

• 3 weeks later...
Just watching President Ortega interviewed on the news.

I would not be surprised if this cruise stop ends up being cancelled due to safety concerns.

Going on the Panama canal cruise on January and the itinerary has not been changed yet but we are still far and things can change!

• 2 weeks later...

I've indeed been following the news about the unrest in Nicaragua for a few months, and I expect that NCL will certainly cancel the port if the situation doesn't improve. I'm on the Panama Canal cruise from LA (departing Jan 27 2019). Strangely, I see that NCL has recently released a large range of ship tours for Corinto!

If we don't stop in Nicaragua, my dream is that we would stop one day early in Costa Rica and then also get a stop near Panama City, but I understand that this is very unlikely. Puerto Quetzal to Puntarenas is probably too far for the ship to travel in just one night, and anyway, such a change would require a lot of advanced planning on the part of NCL. NCL never seems to stop in Panama on their full transit Panama Canal cruises (a real shame in my opinion). If Corinto is cancelled, we'll just end up with another sea day, I guess.

• Like 1