Caribbean December Excursions Live

Boatmans Lady

Saw today that the excursions went live for our Christmas Cruise on Azura round the Caribbean, if there are any other first timers out there waiting to see what is on offer.

Better pay my balance tomorrow

I understand if you're a first time cruiser you might want to stick to ship's excursions, but TBH you can do the same or better excursions, organising them yourself, for a fraction of the cost. After 3 European cruises we'd done very limited DIY - walking around easily accessible places that you could walk into or get the ship's shuttle - but for the Caribbean I took the plunge and booked tours from the UK with private operators in the islands. Everything worked like clockwork - we were met where agreed, when agreed, were always back at the ship in good time and had some amazing trips and experiences. Lots of recommendations on this site for reputable and reliable operators.

I understand if you're a first time cruiser you might want to stick to ship's excursions, but TBH you can do the same or better excursions, organising them yourself, for a fraction of the cost. After 3 European cruises we'd done very limited DIY - walking around easily accessible places that you could walk into or get the ship's shuttle - but for the Caribbean I took the plunge and booked tours from the UK with private operators in the islands. Everything worked like clockwork - we were met where agreed, when agreed, were always back at the ship in good time and had some amazing trips and experiences. Lots of recommendations on this site for reputable and reliable operators.

Thanks for the info. I have only booked a few excursions and they mainly involve some kind of other transport on the water and tend to be longer tours, as we witnessed people being left behind when they weren't on a ship brought excursion, but for the other Islands I will look for things we can do by ourselves. Hubby is interested in going to the Concorde experience, so will get a taxi, then onto a beach that friends have recommended.

Time is ticking by and it's time to get excited :D