Do You Alternate Your Walking Shoes (for port intensive cruises)?

Lois R

I prefer a travel bag with an east-west orientation (wider than it is deep) rather than a north-south orientation (taller than it is wide). I find it easier to get things in and out when the opening is larger.

So do pick pockets ;)

So do pick pockets ;)

Good point, but that's why I also wear a money belt under my clothes. In my bag are maybe a Chapstick, some tissues, the info about the port agent, a map, and some change.

I just ordered a Travelon cross body bag from Ebags.........I looked and looked and looked.....and....well you get the

idea.

This is the one I ordered.....it gets very good reviews on line.

https://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/anti-theft-welted-small-northsouth-crossbody-bag-exclusive/340129?lastSearchTerm=travelon+anti-theft+welted+small+north%2Fsouth+crossbody+bag+-+exclusive&pl=hdr_srch_as_l1

I got it in black and it should be here next week.:)

Lois let us know how you like that bag when you come back from your trip please. I have a Travelon but it's too big

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lois let us know how you like that bag when you come back from your trip please. I have a Travelon but it's too big

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok:)...but I can let you know what I think of it when it gets here too:D

Also interested in your feedback - I am wondering if this bag would be too small for me? LOL ...and also confused about the locking zippers - not clear from picture - does one zipper lock to the other? or two separate locking mechanisms? e.g. do you have to unlock both to unlock one (if they are somehow attached?).... let us know how you like it!

Good morning........I will check it all out and give you first hand information:).....there will be one person who is

explaining it so there shouldn't be any confusion;)

Cute but definitely too small for me :D I can't use flat/envelope bags (when I travel or daily - most I could do would be maybe an evening out;p)

I like to pack light but when it comes to a purse, I'm a pack rat. Not sure how that happened, but there you have it. I guess when I decided I could live with 2 prs of pants, 5 shirts and a dress as my wardrobe for a trip, I also decided I need to have a water bottle, wallet, phone and/or camera, lip balm, brush, hair band, maps, sunglasses & lens wipes, kleenex, nail clippers, pain killers, and shell with me at all times.....

I like to pack light but when it comes to a purse, I'm a pack rat. Not sure how that happened, but there you have it. I guess when I decided I could live with 2 prs of pants, 5 shirts and a dress as my wardrobe for a trip, I also decided I need to have a water bottle, wallet, phone and/or camera, lip balm, brush, hair band, maps, sunglasses & lens wipes, kleenex, nail clippers, pain killers, and shell with me at all times.....

I'm not sure I'd call myself a pack rat, but I similarly "need" to carry a lot of stuff with me. Part of it is because I usually am going off on my own -- no bus to leave my rain jacket in, no one else to split the carry load with. I generally have a small wallet, small camera, sunglasses and reading glasses, my notes and any maps, cell phone, small lined notebook and pen, a lightweight rain jacket, bandaids, advil, kleenex, and of course some water.

:o

I know I am late to the discussion, but I love Naots! Cute and comfy. But for serious all over Rome or Kew gardens plus 20000 steps😰I wear my Asics with gel cushioning and orthotics. They even come in goretex! I had major heel plantar fasciitis issues a few years ago so now I really check for wear! I also have had excellent luck with Clark wave sport sandals with lots of support and water proof.

Make sure whatever you buy wear for hours long walks before you go.

My two cents use a moneybelt for credit cards and most cash. Then you have no worries. My husband was pickpocketed in Sicily but they only got our throwaway wallet and he got that back. Only keep in your purse what you can easily replace. I often take a light weight bag to stuff my jacket into as well.

Hi girls, I got my TRAVELON bag today and I think it will work just fine. Whoever asked about the zipper and the lock.......

the lock attaches to the zipper. It is a size I prefer too. I know some of you said you like larger bags..........not me.

I fly to Barcelona 2 weeks from tomorrow:D........I doubt I will use this on the plane but it is easy to pack and I will

use it for Barcelona and possibly while on some of my excursions in the other cities. It will hold everything I need, I can

say that with certainty.

I can let you know how it works out when I get back:)

Edited by Lois R

Hi girls, I got my TRAVELON bag today and I think it will work just fine. Whoever asked about the zipper and the lock.......

the lock attaches to the zipper. It is a size I prefer too. I know some of you said you like larger bags..........not me.

I fly to Barcelona 2 weeks from tomorrow:D........I doubt I will use this on the plane but it is easy to pack and I will

use it for Barcelona and possibly while on some of my excursions in the other cities. It will hold everything I need, I can

say that with certainty.

I can let you know how it works out when I get back:)

I've done several trips with TravelOn bags. They've worked well for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Lois, May I suggest trying out your Skechers before you travel? I have a pair that initially felt wonderful but rub my heels to the point of blisters. I only wear them at home for short times. As others have mentioned, I bring 2-3 pairs of shoes to rotate. I find that although my shoes fit well, they wear differently, and at the end of a long day walking I have somewhat different "aches" from different shoes. I would prefer to use luggage space for shoes than extra clothes. I can do laundry on a cruise, but having sore feet makes for a miserable and long day.[/quote

I totally agree, wear them before travel. I have one pair of Skechers go walks... fabulous. I had another blisters...first wear was fine...NYC did not like them. ]

I went back to the Walking Company and got 2 pairs of sandals.......:D.........one pair are a sport style....good for walking

(they will get a lot use here at home since I try to walk every day).....and the other is a pair of TAOS......very cute...good

support but I don't really consider them a walking sandal. The same gal was there when I bought my walking shoes.

She said a majority of their customers are "REPEATERS"..........I guess there are alot of people who do wear a more

supportive shoe.......and although most of the brands are more $$, that old saying "you get what you pay for" applies

(for me anyway).:)

This is the TAOS..........

3610-01192-1042-014.jpg

Rothys shoes????

Anyone have a pair? They sound like they would be a good travel shoe (though not an all-day shoe). Two styles - a pointy toe flat and a rounded toe flat. Made from recycled materials. Lots of color choices. Lightweight and supposedly washable and quickly dried.

I went back to the Walking Company and got 2 pairs of sandals.......:D.........one pair are a sport style....good for walking

(they will get a lot use here at home since I try to walk every day).....and the other is a pair of TAOS......very cute...good

support but I don't really consider them a walking sandal. The same gal was there when I bought my walking shoes.

She said a majority of their customers are "REPEATERS"..........I guess there are alot of people who do wear a more

supportive shoe.......and although most of the brands are more $$, that old saying "you get what you pay for" applies

3610-01192-1042-014.jpg

Super cute, I am such a shoe addict!

3610-01192-1042-014.jpg

Hi Lois,

Those are sooo cute. Looks like they have good adjustability too. Wish there was a Walking Company store near me! Your cruise is fast approaching-you must be so excited. I wish you safe travels and exciting times.

Sharon

Hi Lois,

Those are sooo cute. Looks like they have good adjustability too. Wish there was a Walking Company store near me! Your cruise is fast approaching-you must be so excited. I wish you safe travels and exciting times.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, they are adjustable and the buckles.......they are not real LOL.......there is velcro underneath so really

adjustable!!! And velcro around the back too.

Thanks for the good wishes:)