Car parking Southampton

Essexgirl66

There is no long stay car park next to Ocean Terminal or any other terminal. You have the option of meet and greet at the terminal by CPS or Parking4cruises and possibly other meet and greet companies or park away from the port and have mini bus transfers to the port by the car park company. The other option is to stay in a hotel for the night pre cruise and pay for parking in hotel car park and they arrange transfers to the port.

There is indeed a long stay car park behind the Red funnel ferry terminal a short walk to Ocean Terminal. It is called Triangle Car Park. parking4cruises feature it on their site or you can book direct

• 3 weeks later...
We just park in the street in a lovely suburb in the north of the City and then get a taxi to and fro the port and you can keep your keys :)

Just a note of caution - partly there is the increased risk of it being broken into if left on the street...

But another risk is what happened to us - we went away once for two weeks and left our car parked just around the corner from our own house (nice suburb but we didn't have a garage and it wasn't always possible to park right outside the house). When we got back there was an official note on the windscreen saying it had been reported as being dumped and it was going to be towed. We had to make an urgent phone call as we only had two days left before they took it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by claudiniusmaximus

We usually use cps but left it to late for our October cruise last year and they we're fully booked,

we used penguin (ACP) and thought they were excellent and wouldn't hesitate in using them again!!

Hi, would you mind sharing her details with me. Thanks

Hi her name is Loraine lives in Totton 10/15 mins from the port tel no 07811474813 £25 ish per week with drop off and pick up 5 star

Disembarked Saturday and our car was located right next to where CPS had their passengers' cars parked.

We used Parking4cruises and it was £50 less than the CPS fee for a two week cruise. Will definitely use Parking4cruises again

• Like 1

CPS at a tenner a day are too expensive, we tried Penguin but had to wait ages for a bus to the port although they were much quicker when we disembarked. Read some good reviews on Airlynx Cruise Parking just off J5 of the M27 near Soton Airport, 15 minute transfer to Port, will try them next time we sail out of Southampton.

CPS at a tenner a day are too expensive, we tried Penguin but had to wait ages for a bus to the port although they were much quicker when we disembarked. Read some good reviews on Airlynx Cruise Parking just off J5 of the M27 near Soton Airport, 15 minute transfer to Port, will try them next time we sail out of Southampton.

Just had a quote from Airlynx for a cruise in October and they are just as dear as Parking4cruises who meet and greet at the terminal with no waiting for mini bus to get you to the airport after you have disembarked. Parking4cruises within 5-10 minutes of leaving the terminal you are on your way. Think I will stick with Parking4cruises they have always been excellent the number of times I have used them.

Just got back from a 7 night cruise on Azura. Used CPS, absolutely no problems and car was parked about 200 yards from the terminal building. Would use them again. Handing over your key and watching your car driven away by someone from CPS was slightly disconcerting during embarkation and on balance I think we'd still prefer to park ourselves and hand over luggage at the carpark and then walk to the terminal but can't do this on P&O. Ok though, no problems and key collection at carpark entrance was easy, well managed and quick when we dis-embarked.

Just got back from a 7 night cruise on Azura. Used CPS, absolutely no problems and car was parked about 200 yards from the terminal building. Would use them again. Handing over your key and watching your car driven away by someone from CPS was slightly disconcerting during embarkation and on balance I think we'd still prefer to park ourselves and hand over luggage at the carpark and then walk to the terminal but can't do this on P&O. Ok though, no problems and key collection at carpark entrance was easy, well managed and quick when we dis-embarked.

You cannot do that with P&O because CPS do not park your car for the duration of the cruise where you picked it up on your disembarkation. They are driven away and parked in other part of the port and then returned to that car park day before your arrival ready for your disembarkation.

You cannot do that with P&O because CPS do not park your car for the duration of the cruise where you picked it up on your disembarkation. They are driven away and parked in other part of the port and then returned to that car park day before your arrival ready for your disembarkation.

Doesn't surprise me. Did wonder where the car was going, although knew it was staying inside the port. I'd rather not have a complete stranger drive my car around the port and park it a number of times to be honest but no choice really. All parking options for a P&O cruise appeared to carry some risk. Prefer the ABP option for RCI cruises to be honest.

• 5 weeks later...
For peace of mind CPS!

Last week at an unofficial UK airport parking lot, 100+ car keys were stolen! Owners had to get their spare keys to proceed. Fancy finding your nice shiny car in the middle of a muddy field!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-41021763

Yes I have used CPS many times but I was interested if people had used the 2 parking undercover companies and what was their experience.

Myself and the three people behind me in the taxi queue all used Park on My Drive or similar. We all seemed to be off Regents Park Road and paid about £25/30 and the taxi was £8 in and £7.50 back.

It was a long wait for taxis today (nearly two hours!) but the driver said it was down to road works. We were disembarked an hour and a half early so we didn't lose or gain much a time wise.

No need to feel disconcerted. I have used CPS on many, many occasions and never had any sort of problem with them. Particularly when I cruise solo, the option of free parking is the best value for me.

• 1 month later...
We just park in the street in a lovely suburb in the north of the City and then get a taxi to and fro the port and you can keep your keys :)

Not very nice for the people who live where you've left your car. People have been causing problems by this practice near, I think, Luton airport with the result that some of the "parked" cars have been deliberatedly vandalised

Not very nice for the people who live where you've left your car. People have been causing problems by this practice near, I think, Luton airport with the result that some of the "parked" cars have been deliberatedly vandalised

Whilst we wouldnt dream of vandalising anyones car, we used to suffer with this when we lived near Stansted Airport. Whilst the parked cars outside our house were a nuisance at worst, the chugging diesel taxis turning up in the small hours or late at night were infuriating, waking us up along with the loud voice exchanges between people.....:mad::mad:

• 4 weeks later...
As from April 2017 a new owner has taken over Alternative Cruise Parking and taken over the booking,s from Cruise parking ltd Marchwood, together it is going to be called Penguin cruise parking, the livery on the mini buses as it sound,s PENGUIN,S, the same crew with 12 mini buses doing the same job the new web site should be up and running in a week or so i hope this will help :halo:

I used this company October 2017 (last month) They are completely running as PENGUIN PARKING. You drive to their base far side of Southampton and park up, book your car in and they load your luggage onto the minibus. There is a nicely equipped Portakabin with seats and toilets available. They take your car key and give you a laminated instructions card. When you disembark the ship at Southampton you are told where to go on the card, I did have to ask my porter which terminal we were at and then we waited at the appropriate place. The thing to look out for is a person wearing a pink high visibility jacket with a giant penguin on it. She takes all the peoples information and radios how many buses are needed. Southampton City was busy twice for us but the bus drivers cut through all the confusing urban docklands environment which is where I think they excell. It's a longer process but no sitting in traffic queues as you drive direct to their site if you have a sat nav and when you leave you bypass the city again.

Regards John

I used this company October 2017 (last month) They are completely running as PENGUIN PARKING. You drive to their base far side of Southampton and park up, book your car in and they load your luggage onto the minibus. There is a nicely equipped Portakabin with seats and toilets available. They take your car key and give you a laminated instructions card. When you disembark the ship at Southampton you are told where to go on the card, I did have to ask my porter which terminal we were at and then we waited at the appropriate place. The thing to look out for is a person wearing a pink high visibility jacket with a giant penguin on it. She takes all the peoples information and radios how many buses are needed. Southampton City was busy twice for us but the bus drivers cut through all the confusing urban docklands environment which is where I think they excell. It's a longer process but no sitting in traffic queues as you drive direct to their site if you have a sat nav and when you leave you bypass the city again.

Regards John

Hi John i think you must have been on Britannia then when pax capacity was high for us that cruise, normally you ring in and you are allocated a mini bus number, on the smaller ships i.e Oriana and Arcadia and the phone call comes direct to the drivers .were we drive in pick you up and transfer you back to your car.