Speakers on Arcadia?

Scarletgirl61

We're going to the Fjords on Arcadia in September & just wondering if anyone knows who the speakers might be & what will be their topics?

Unfortunately P&O don't publish details of who the speakers are in advance of sailing.

I always think that with the likes of Norway/Iceland cruises it would be great to have lecturers speaking about the geology/geography of these countries. Sadly we've never had one which I think is really missing a trick. The geology and characteristic geography of these destinations are what makes them so interesting and distinct. Every time we've been I've made a comment on the questionnaire to this effect but I've not yet been treated to a lecturer with this area of expertise. I live in hope!

I always think that with the likes of Norway/Iceland cruises it would be great to have lecturers speaking about the geology/geography of these countries. Sadly we've never had one which I think is really missing a trick. The geology and characteristic geography of these destinations are what makes them so interesting and distinct. Every time we've been I've made a comment on the questionnaire to this effect but I've not yet been treated to a lecturer with this area of expertise. I live in hope!

Our first fjords cruise was on Princess and they had a brilliant geologist who talked about the formation of the fjords and glaciation, pointing out various interesting sights as we travelled along the fjords. We have done 3 fjords cruises since and have never had anyone who lectured over the public address system during the actual cruise through the fjords. I live in hope for our Azura fjords cruise in August.

Our first fjords cruise was on Princess and they had a brilliant geologist who talked about the formation of the fjords and glaciation, pointing out various interesting sights as we travelled along the fjords. We have done 3 fjords cruises since and have never had anyone who lectured over the public address system during the actual cruise through the fjords. I live in hope for our Azura fjords cruise in August.

That's exactly the kind of lectures I'd love to have. Given the nature of a Fjords or Iceland cruise, I'd imagine that many passengers who had chosen to travel to these destinations would be interested too. We did have an excellent marine biologist lecturer on a Celebrity cruise to Norway and Iceland who gave lectures on whales and dolphins. It was perfectly pitched too - informative and interesting for those who perhaps had prior knowledge as well as those coming fresh to the subject. A true educator which is more than can be said for one or two speakers we've experienced who gave every impression of having lifted their subject matter from Wikipedia and added insult to injury by just reading their notes. A handout would have been just as informative!