Back to back help!

Hubby and I are platinum crown and anchor members and will be doing back to back cruises next March I have 2 questions

We are platinum members but after first cruise we go to Emerald

1. Will this be recognised straight away and will we be issued a new card?

2. Do we have to go thru immigration again even tho we have same room. Or do we just get off like it's just a port?

Thank you in advance

Hubby and I are platinum crown and anchor members and will be doing back to back cruises next March I have 2 questions

We are platinum members but after first cruise we go to Emerald

1. Will this be recognised straight away and will we be issued a new card?

2. Do we have to go thru immigration again even tho we have same room. Or do we just get off like it's just a port?

Thank you in advance

Hi there

1. You'll need to go the crown and anchor loyalty desk on your second cruise, they will apply an Emerald sticker to your card to indicate your new status. It won't have updated in the back end system for it to be automatically applied to your second cruise card but it will be recognised on board once the loyalty desk have updated it. My partner did exactly this on board after graduating to Emerald from Platinum on the second sailing.

2. I did a B2B in January, the second cruise was an Australian cruise with no overseas ports.

The day prior to Sydney all consecutive cruisers met in the Colony Club on Radiance and received the relevant information.

On turn around day, we walked off the ship and on the way out we were stopped and given our new cruise cards. The machine that scans your card made a different ding and alerted the crew that we were consecutive cruisers.

We had to provide incoming passenger cards to immigration on our way out of the terminal, these were provided by the cruise line. They also provided us with outgoing passenger cards, though we didn't need these for the second cruise as it was domestic.

After 11am, we made our way back to the ship with our new cruise cards. We were able to bypass the check in lines by using the elevators on the outside of Sydney's OPT. We were given these instructions on the wharf.

We had to line up to go through security as per normal.

Assuming your second cruise visits an international port you'll need to re-do immigration as well as you'll be leaving the country again, and provide them with the outgoing passenger cards that you'll have received on the ship the day prior.

You will also have the option of staying on board until later in the morning and being walked off the ship and back on the ship by the some of the crew, if you don't wish to actually get off in Sydney. If you do this, you'll not be able to get off once you're back on. We elected to actually disembark and spend a few hours meeting friends before we re-boarded.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tazza_0712 thank you so much! Your information is awesome. I feel much more confident now. There will be 4 couples with us so now I can give them an idea of what to expect. THANK YOU!!!!'

Tazza_0712 thank you so much! Your information is awesome. I feel much more confident now. There will be 4 couples with us so now I can give them an idea of what to expect. THANK YOU!!!!'

You're welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have done a couple of b2b's and found it different at each port. In Sydney we had to disembark and go back through, but they had a special checking desk for this. What they didn't let us know though was that we had to re-submit our credit card for the 2nd leg. In Vancouver they just rolled the cc details over for the 2nd leg and we assumed they would do the same here. Quite embarrassing then when we were stopped from getting off in Fremantle cos we hadn't settled our bill!

Sent from my iPad using Forums