Disneyland Paris

steverhodes

We like doing unusual stuff in our free time or when we are staying over after the cruise for a longer period of time. We had a great time in The Prater in Vienna after dark for example.

cc407d7ca0f2c503578136fe5cd4d9af.jpg

And while we love the traditional sights of Paris

97ee23ec719357f537e186836ae40428.jpg

We like the less traditional too.

Which brings me to my question. Have any of you gone to Disneyland Paris and if so do you have any thoughts to share?

We visited it once in the 1990s when our son was 6. He is grown up and doesn't travel with us any more but we are still big Disney fans. We have an extra week plus in Paris on our own. We look forward to spending a day at the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Disneyland Paris has a unique haunted mansion (Phantom Manor) all about a mysterious bride:

Pirates of the Caribbean is quite different as well:

There is also Ratatouille - which is a trackless ride and so many other great things.

While they have fewer rides, they also have walkthrough attractions that are not at any of the other Disney parks!

I can't see any downside to going to Disneyland Paris! Have a wonderful magical time!

We visited DLP as part of our honeymoon in France. We too are big Disney fans. I worked at Disneyland during several summers in college and my husband worked at the stores.

I think that each Disney park is unique, but I think what struck me about this one is how very detailed and beautiful it is. It is what Disney can do when they have the time to plan things out.

We plan to bring our kids back in a few years for my husband's 50th, our 20th anniversary and my daughter's graduation from high school.

• 1 month later...

We are planning to visit dlp next August before boarding our Viking cruise. Does anyone have any special tips for buying discounted tickets. Does being a Disney passholder help at all? Also, does dlp do fastpasses and how do you get them? Im a pro at wdw, but a newbie in Europe... first trip can't wait! Jane

• 2 weeks later...

We did DLP prior to our Avalon cruise. I loved it. I had been on opening day and loved seeing all the changes since then. I think the themeing is so much better there than in the US parks. It was fall and the weather was beautiful along with amazing foliage in the park. It was definitely worth it for us.

My Sixtith birthday present was a family trip to DLP a wish I got but I still prefere DLC smaller but to my mind better, we have done Florida. Now waiting for our grandson to old enough to appreciate it then we will go back to California, another two years and were on our way. CA