time for Anan Bear observatory?

Cheers4cb

We were just informed by the company we had made reservation with that due to a change in our port time we would not be able to go to the Anan Bear Observatory. This is so disappointing as it is one of my "must do" things for our upcoming Alaska cruise (July 2017). Our port time changed from 12:30 arrival to 2:00 arrival in Ketchican, with 8:00 departure, Celebrity Infinity. Evidently this was enough of a change that the tour company says we won't have enough time to go to Anan. Bummer! Any suggestions? I really wanted to see the bears catching the salmon!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Nancy

Yet another reason for me to put Celebrity firmly in the "not to Alaska" column.

Do what you feel is right. We have cruised with Celebrity 8 times and never had an itinerary problem. Itinerary changes do, and have occurred, on other lines. Maybe this particular itinerary is an isolated incident.

I have been to Anan 3 times but out of Wrangel on a DIY land trip and it was wonderful. One reason not to do a Cruise as opposed to land trips is that land trips do not change your itinerary w/o asking you.

If it was me, I would cancel the cruise reservation and find one that works for you. After all, when you go to AK it is not about the ship you travel on but what is outside of the ship.

DON

• 10 months later...

ut

We were just informed by the company we had made reservation with that due to a change in our port time we would not be able to go to the Anan Bear Observatory. This is so disappointing as it is one of my "must do" things for our upcoming Alaska cruise (July 2017). Our port time changed from 12:30 arrival to 2:00 arrival in Ketchican, with 8:00 departure, Celebrity Infinity. Evidently this was enough of a change that the tour company says we won't have enough time to go to Anan. Bummer! Any suggestions? I really wanted to see the bears catching the salmon!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Nancy[/quot

f

Hi there--

I was wondering if you were one of the people that went to Anan on 7/5/17. There were 2 planes that flew there that day. I wasn't on your ship--- but flew with Island Wings around 10 or so. If you get this message and were on the same excursion--- please contact me.....

ljclay0130@gmail.com

• 6 months later...

I saw your this post anan creek on July 5 and was wondering if you went.

We have book it but are afraid it is too early in the season. It is as you know expensive and I don't want to spend that kind of money if

the bear sightings are very limited. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks you Hannah