World cruise for a single ladt

English senior

My Mum did 77 nights round South America earlier this year (not P&O), had a fabulous time and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. She had great table companions (all single) but also got involved with art class and craft group. So I think if you join in you will meet like minded people and soon get into a routine. I know P&O also have singles meet and greets, coffee and a table at afternoon tea for singles.

Have a wonderful time.

You are very brave but i admire you and hope you have a fabulous time and meet lots of new lifetime friends.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I don't think she needs to be brave. She sounds like a person who enjoys life and wants to get as much out of it as she can. I'm sure she will enjoy herself, visit great places and meet new friends. Enjoy:D

Hi, English Senior, I will be on the 2019 Arcadia world cruise as a solo traveller, so you won't be alone if you decide to go. It will be my first cruise (only my third so far) by myself, really looking forward to it!

Hope to see you there!

Sparklemoon

Edited by sparklemoon
Spelling error

I did one in 2013. One of the ladies (mid-70's) on the table had lost her husband a few years earlier, so this was her first cruise she had done on her own. She loved it and very quickly got into the swing. In less than a week she had got her confidence and was joining in lots of events.

I am on my own and did Aurora's world cruises in 2012 and 2013. I loved every moment of both of them. The solo coffee mornings are an excellent way to meet loads of people and you will quickly find yourself making friends.

Have a fabulous time.

I have never cruised alone but I would not hesitate, it's a great way to holiday as a single person and see the world. I travel in the UK and globally alone with work, I have to find restaurants in busy cities I've never been to before, eat alone and find my way around, on one occasion my luggage didn't find me for two days [emoji53] so a cruise sounds like a wonderful option to me!

When trying to decide whether to do something, for me it often comes down to the same question 'will it kill me?' If the answer is 'unlikely' I do it - trust me it works! Have a wonderful time ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope the thread starter does go if I could afford it I would go.

Sometimes though people won't let you be on your own even if you want to.

I have been lucky enough to have been to Raffles Singapore several times and had some wonderful trips.

Back in 2005 I went to NZ For the Lions tour and due to overbooking Air Singapore made me stay overnight in an hotel just down the road from Raffles (at their expense) So after a kip and shower I made my way to the Long Bar for a Singapore Gin Sling and burger (I know how to roll ;) )

I was quietly taking in the ambiance and thinking about when my other trips when a large party of Americans insisted I join them. It took a lot of refusing and me nearly being rude before they left me alone. :D

Don't get me wrong I will engage with anyone but sometimes a person just likes their own company.

As I said I do hope the thread starter goes as I bet it will be brilliant.