G'day and probably goodbye.

At least you know check in will not be a problem old mate :D:D

if only I could find that bloody red carpet:mad::ship:

Red carpet not needed mate, as long as I still get treated Spethshial, look forward to seeing you

Believe it or not, it's a consideration.

LOL, Concur, I only talk rot sometimes, oh well mostly sometimes, but hey guess the frig what,

I got a little girl here, (my partner) who has had 2 mini strokes in a year, so we all sorta in the same boat babe.

To varying degrees.

Again thanks everyone.

We have snagged an accessible cabin for our two night cruisein October. So are hopeful. But that will depend on what they decide to do about my back.

It seems surgery, radiation therapy and Ethanol injections are high on the list. I've been in contact with one of the wheelchair at sea companies who deliver to the ship, so here's hoping.

I prefer my ethanol orally.

Great to hear you're getting back on the horse.

Perhaps I will come along with all the tubes still hanging out of me. Would be a great Halloween look.

LOL, Concur, I only talk rot sometimes, oh well mostly sometimes, but hey guess the frig what,

I got a little girl here, (my partner) who has had 2 mini strokes in a year, so we all sorta in the same boat babe.

To varying degrees.

Don't worry mate I'm acutely aware that as down as I am I'm a darn sight luckier than many.

As is your lady, because she's got you to help her through the hard times.

We all need that someone to drag us through.

To varying degrees.

That's not good, Tracy. Is she OK now? Do they know what caused the mini-strokes?

That's not good, Tracy. Is she OK now? Do they know what caused the mini-strokes?

its all good Julie, its a lifetime of hard life in the bush, severe neck, shoulder and back issues, but hey we get on, we do, and we live day by day.

The prob for us is the distance to proper med services, one trip can take 5 days, but hey that's life, we get it done.

that's why we tripped and cruised early, we knew what was coming.

there's heaps worse than us, and boy do we know it.

We actually may never cruise again as well, but we will never say never.

Yeah, we're thinking along those lines too - get the big bucket list cruises done while we can still cope with added air travel etc, then we can be content with whatever we're lucky enough to be able to do when we get a bit older.

Well found a positive.

Sunday night, actually real early Monday morning, Miss Gut's dog has another epileptic fit. When it's over she takes him outside to have a drink and toilet break. She thought Oh Max had an accident when she stepped in water, then, nope too much water.

Yep the dishwasher had blown up, whole house full of water an inch or so deep.

How's all this good news. Well at least with the cancelled cruises we have the money, sure insurance will cover most but Mrs Gut has decided we may as well do more work while everything is a mess.

Well found a positive.

Sunday night, actually real early Monday morning, Miss Gut's dog has another epileptic fit. When it's over she takes him outside to have a drink and toilet break. She thought Oh Max had an accident when she stepped in water, then, nope too much water.

Yep the dishwasher had blown up, whole house full of water an inch or so deep.

How's all this good news. Well at least with the cancelled cruises we have the money, sure insurance will cover most but Mrs Gut has decided we may as well do more work while everything is a mess.

Thanks for the laugh, GUT. As our bodies start to wear out, so does everything else just like your dishwasher.

Good work Mrs Gut turning a negative in to a positive.

Thanks for the laugh, GUT. As our bodies start to wear out, so does everything else just like your dishwasher.

Good work Mrs Gut turning a negative in to a positive.

Yeah why try to look for the silver lining, it has been hard just lately to look for the silver lining with my back, and feel pretty low that the girls have had to deal with most of it with little help from me. But my Dr said if I lift anything he will come around and hit me with a dead fish.

From memory wasent it the washing machine same time last year.

At least it didn't flood the house, just oil all over the clothes.

Funny thing was that night we were talking about new bench tops, and when we went to bed I thought "I guess anew dishwasher might be needed too", who'd a thunk it.

I say, 'When life gives you lemons, make Lemoncello' :p

I try.

Doesn't always work, but I always try to remember there are plenty of poor buggers out there way worse off than me.

Got a family that loves me, friends that care (many who I've never even met) live in a country where I can can get good medical attention.

Got a roof over my head (even if it's over bare cold concrete at the moment) haven't missed many meals due to lack of money (but am actually thankful for the handful I have missed) and have the world's cutest pup to keep me company.

I try.

Doesn't always work, but I always try to remember there are plenty of poor buggers out there way worse off than me.

Got a family that loves me, friends that care (many who I've never even met) live in a country where I can can get good medical attention.

Got a roof over my head (even if it's over bare cold concrete at the moment) haven't missed many meals due to lack of money (but am actually thankful for the handful I have missed) and have the world's cutest pup to keep me company.

Good stuff, count your blessings.

Yeah why try to look for the silver lining, it has been hard just lately to look for the silver lining with my back, and feel pretty low that the girls have had to deal with most of it with little help from me. But my Dr said if I lift anything he will come around and hit me with a dead fish.

Oh no! Not the dead fish threat! :eek: