comparatively speaking MSC Cruises to RCL and Carnival

Please give some input about the entertainment and the food venues on MSC compared to the original 4 rcl carnival holland america and ncl. and celebrity . I have been thinking about booking a MSC cruise but i really don't know much about the cruise line.Any input would be most appreciated. :hearteyes:

Food has a bit more European flavor. Definitely not Carnival. Entertainment out of Florida (Divina, Seaside) is all musical. No comedians...Too many European guests who would not 'get' the humor/references. Expect MSC to be different and you won't be disappointed. If you are just tired of the others and want different, but still similar...you might not like it. EM

I went on the MSC board here and read several reviews. Seeing what people liked and didn't like helped me to see some of the differences. I have not yet cruised MSC because i don't really want to drive to Miami. I have looked over their wine lists and menus - the menus are very very Italian influenced. the wine lists seem to carry many more wines that are not American, which was exciting for me.

I went on the MSC board here and read several reviews. Seeing what people liked and didn't like helped me to see some of the differences. I have not yet cruised MSC because i don't really want to drive to Miami. I have looked over their wine lists and menus - the menus are very very Italian influenced. the wine lists seem to carry many more wines that are not American, which was exciting for me.

We cruised MSC out of Southampton and it was very good. They had traditional dining and sat you with like passengers. The wine list was excellent and of quality. On formal night the MDR offered a wine special. For $36eu we got a bottle of Amarone which retails for about $35us.

Entertainment was more Cirque du Soliel type shows than the mainstream stuff.

While officers were mainly Italian the service crew were from middle Europe and Southeast Asia.

The only thing DW didn't like was that the announcements had English spoken 3rd.

I imagine English would be first on a Caribbean cruise.