NCL breakaway - disembarking in NYC

luv2tvl607

I am with a group of 75 (2 buses) coming into NYC to do the Breakaway.

Any good tips or information on how to make the disembarking any easier?

What area of the ship is a good meeting point for that many people that early--close to the gangway?

I know we cannot call for the buses until everyone is ready with their luggage. Thanks for any help you can offer.

We are doing assigned disembarkation.

All 75 of you are not going to get the same disembarkation time...some of you may get a 8:30 time and some of you may get a 9:30 time (and many times in between). You are all going to have to meet outside of the terminal. Disembarkation day is VERY hectic. You not only have over 4000 people trying to get OFF the ship, but you have over 4000 people trying to get ON the ship.

All 75 of you are not going to get the same disembarkation time...some of you may get a 8:30 time and some of you may get a 9:30 time (and many times in between). You are all going to have to meet outside of the terminal. Disembarkation day is VERY hectic. You not only have over 4000 people trying to get OFF the ship, but you have over 4000 people trying to get ON the ship.

----------

I've never done a group of this size, but when I have about 30 (1 bus) I can get all the same disembarkation tags for all in my group so we get off together. I'm hoping I can do the same for this time.

What I'm more concerned with is where we can all gather together in the vicinity of the gangway so that we are getting in line together.

AND if there is an easy way to get the porters for our group--in the past getting 2 is fairly easy and I know I will need more than that.

I've never been on this ship and yes, the pier is so hectic....I'm stressing about disembarkation and we haven't even gotten on yet...LOL.

If you haven't already make you sure you use the services of the group coordinator on board(arrange this before you leave(a month or more if possible)). We had one last cruise for 28. They will help you with dinner and other reservations. On the second to the last day the coordinator approached me and asked what time we wanted to disembark. I told her what time and she brought me enough luggage tags for everyone. The best advice I could give for the morning you leave is to have the first 6 or 8 people off the ship grab porters and tell them you have a group, they are very helpful with groups. They will then bring you to the bus pick up area. Call the bus and tell them which bus parking slots(numbers) you are in. Very easy and simple process as long you(or someone else handles things once you get off the ship).