January cruise to Carribean- what to pack ?

Departing from Galveston on January 12, 2018, to Cozumel and Costa Maya.

I don't know what kind of clothes to pack.

For dinners and hanging out on the ship, will the weather be warm at sea ?

For dinner, dress pants or capris ?

At the ports, is it usually warm enough to hang out at the beach, and enjoy the ocean ?

Those who have been in January, please let me know your experience with weather, and what to pack.

Thank you in advance !

You can expect warm, sunny days and slightly cool nights. I always pack a light sweater for evenings. Otherwise, shorts and tshirts and swimsuits are perfect for the days. Of course, there's always a chance of rain or cooler temps, so perhaps bring a light jacket too, and pants.

Spent the week between Christmas and New Years on Cozumel in 2015. Highs about 90 degrees, lows about 75. Costa Maya will be about the same. Ocean was cool but swimable.

On deck at night remember that there will likely be at least a 20 mph breeze, so it will feel a bit cooler.

Inside the ship it is kept about 72 degrees year round.

It's SUMMER in the Caribbean year round. Bring summer clothes! Do bring a sweater or something lightweight, in case the inside of the ship is cool. I always bring one, never need it, but if I didn't have it, I KNOW I'd need it!

We did the Southern Carribean cruise in January 2011. It was hot and humid. Shorts and tank tops are necessary. Forget those dress pants for the ports - save them for dinner on the ship. We live in North Carolina and our weather on the cruise was just like it is here in the summer - muggy and HOT!

Enjoy! You will have a fabulous time!

It will be warm to hot in the ports, but be prepared that it might be pretty cool sailing from Galveston the first day out and the last day back. We sailed in early December and temps were in the 50's those days, cooler of course when closer to Galveston and gradually warming as we sailed south.

Of course, you could have much warmer temps than this, just depending on what the weather pattern in Galveston area is when you sail.