Favorite Drinks

SpaceGirl

Because my travel companion signed up for the cruise, it's his card that's attached to our room. Instead of putting everything I buy on my card and paying it off at my leisure, I have to write him a check for it at all once, when he gets his credit card statement.

You can change your personal payment on the cruise either when boarding, or later on. If it's a debit card, wait until the second to the last night. Otherwise they put a hold on your account for "potential charges". We usually board with a credit card on file and pay cash at the end. We might end up with $50 charged to the account at the end, but better than the entire amount.

Just go to passenger services towards the end of the cruise. Pay cash or use your credit card for your personal charges. :)

Don't change the account the last night as that is one of the busiest times there (there will be a line), so better the night before last. The problem with leaving more cash than you expect to spend is that it takes time to get reimbursed.

Good luck!

Because my travel companion signed up for the cruise, it's his card that's attached to our room. Instead of putting everything I buy on my card and paying it off at my leisure, I have to write him a check for it at all once, when he gets his credit card statement.

Each passenger can enter/add their own credit card to the room/booking. ;)

You still have a booking to access on the Princess.com/personalizer where you add all your personal info.

If it's too close to the cruise you can call Princess to add the CC or do it onboard as stated above.

Each passenger can enter/add their own credit card to the room/booking. ;)

You still have a booking to access on the Princess.com/personalizer where you add all your personal info.

If it's too close to the cruise you can call Princess to add the CC or do it onboard as stated above.

My credit card is already on file, as I paid for the excursions (and my friend paid for the trip). I just didn't know if we were only stuck using the main card associated with the account (which is my friend's), or if we could tell them to bill it to such-and-such passenger in such-and-such cabin.

My credit card is already on file, as I paid for the excursions (and my friend paid for the trip). I just didn't know if we were only stuck using the main card associated with the account (which is my friend's), or if we could tell them to bill it to such-and-such passenger in such-and-such cabin.

No, there is no main card. Everyone has their own unless they specify to use the same card for X people in the cabin.

No need to tell anyone anything, you really can't anyway unless you present their card..........anything you purchase onboard with your card is tied to your CC and will show on your bill. ;)

Take a look at Princess' own list of "Top 10 cocktails":

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/top-10-cocktails/

I've seen that before, but I wanted to know what others recommended because I can't try one of everything from this list. And I wanted to see what things not from this list were good, if any.

I know for sure I want a Mai Tai. I've wanted one of those for a while now. Am also eying the Illusion and Captain's Bounty. And I think I'm going to get a sour apple martini at one point, as that's one of my favorites (but I can do without if there is something much better I can try, as I can make these at home).

Here are some options to help you avoid having things go to his card 1) You can gift yourself onboard credit in advance via the Princess website. 2) you can get a print out of your charges anytime from a kiosk by the passenger services desk or you can view your account on the Princess at sea app. If you wish to pay any portion of your charges while on board just go to the passenger services desk and they will happily take your money and apply it to your room charges. 3) you could each have your charges applied to your own cards ( I have sailed with a friend and it was simple for us each to have charges go to our own account- you just enter your own credit card info and say the other isn't authorized to charge to each other's accounts)

Hope these ideas are helpful.

Just saw this after I posted my other suggestions... If you both have a card on file then everything will go to your own cards. No worries. Spend away! :D

Paying for an excursion does not put your card on your file. You need to complete your on line Guest Check-in. This is where you fill out your passport etc and add the credit card that you will be using for your ship board account.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I started a favorite food thread (and if you want to add to it, what your favorite dishes are, it should be on this first page, titled "Favorite Dishes"). Anyway, I'm pretty much just a water drinker, with the exception of a cup of morning caffeine (coffee or chai), and the occasional cocktail. What alcoholic drinks do you recommend on board (Ruby)? I'm not a huge fan of beer and wine, so I'm looking mostly for cocktail suggestions, though I wouldn't mind a wine suggestion if it's on the sweet side. I find most to be bitter, but I have liked a few dessert wines in the past. Mai Tai is one of my favorites.

I really enjoyed Sex On The Beach.

Have you tried it?

http://www.drinknation.com/drink/sex-on-the-beach

But can't remember how long ago I last had it.

Enjoy.

• 7 months later...

My boyfriend and I sailed the Crown on New Year's and his favorite martini was "From Russia With Love". We cannot remember what the ingredients in it were. Anybody know? Anybody cruising soon and can find out and let us know? We'd love to recreate one here at home! Thanks all!

Courtesy of RickEK

Chairman of the Board

3 parts Grey Goose Vodka

3 parts Bombay Sapphire Gin

1 part Cointreau

Chilled over ice and strained (I like it over ice)

Garnished with 3 plump olives (or a twist)

6021657237_d1d410eac0_z.jpg

Courtesy of RickEK

Chairman of the Board

3 parts Grey Goose Vodka

3 parts Bombay Sapphire Gin

1 part Cointreau

Chilled over ice and strained (I like it over ice)

Garnished with 3 plump olives (or a twist)

6021657237_d1d410eac0_z.jpg

A Bloody Mary (extra spicy!), Talisker Scotch (straight up), or the Chairman of the Board - exactly as pictured above. Straight up with a twist. Chris in Wheelhouse on Emerald Princess made the best I have ever had.

These are all drinks that fit within the confines of the PBP. Gotta love the Sip & Sail. :cool:

I am in search of a new group of favorite drinks. I have new dietary restrictions that include little to no sugar. My old favorites were mimosas in the morning, bellinis, and Hendricks and tonic. I also loved the occasional dirty vodka martini with extra dirt, but I'm afraid those may be too strong for me now. Does anyone have any suggestions?