NCL Dawn Bermuda-Kids Question

We did last October and are returning this October. We were actually shocked at the number of kids that were around. Only thing that we could come up with were they were home schooled. Not sure many schools would allow for a week absence 2 months into the school year. Not as O'Sheehans for late night snacks.

We did last October and are returning this October. We were actually shocked at the number of kids that were around. Only thing that we could come up with were they were home schooled. Not sure many schools would allow for a week absence 2 months into the school year. Not as O'Sheehans for late night snacks.

Some states have school systems where they start school in August and have an October break, so that they have a week off pretty much every other month. (Oct, Dec, Feb, April)

We just freestyle cruised for the first time in July on NCL "The Pride of America" and I loved it. No need to bring fancy clothes or worry about getting to your dinner on time, but if you wanted a sit down nice dinner you could make one and they almost always had a time a valiable. There were also al carte choices which cost extra but we didn't feel the need to go there. I liked being completely in control of when, where, and who we ate with :)

This summer, we did the Boston-Bermuda cruise on June 9-16th, and did not notice too many children. Yes, there were some, but many schools were still in session until June 20 ish. So early June is a good time.

We like Freestyle, so as not to be bothered with a set dinnertime in the MDR. You can eat whenever, and do whatever you choose to. Reservations are required for the Specialty restaurants.

When is the best time to sail our of Boston to Bermuda next year with minimal kids on the ship? September? October? November? December? What is the "freestyle" cruising like? Love it or Hate it?

May or early June is a good time. There will always be kids onboard but July August can be the peak time. We just sailed 6/30 and thought there would be a lot of kids, but it wasn't too bad.

Freestyle works for us but if you plan a specialty resturant on the last couple of nights I would suggest a reservation. On our recent trip I heard complaints about the resturants being full. Enjoy.

I am going with Septmeber with having the least amount of kids... June can be tricky... We live in CT and our kids are scheduled to get early June (6/8)

We've cruised to Bermuda a bunch of times including in the month of May and it wasn't crowded with kids but it wasn't kid free either....

Sept is still nice and warm....

Freestyle in my eyes has changed over the years.... Esp. With specialty restaurants that need reservations and shows that need reservations etc.... So freestyle used to be do whatever, whenever.....and pretty much wear whatever.....

We still like cruising NCL for the relaxed atmosphere ...

I just sailed 7/14 and while waiting to embark I noted there was a lot of children. ( I'm a teacher, I love them but in the summer I'd like an adult time, lol) once onboard I hardly noticed them except one pool day as they jumped in the pool over and ever. But other than that I hardly saw them around the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums