Grand vs Star to Hawaii

lucky0518

We mostly cruise on the Grand because we are local to SF. Given the option, I would choose the Star. While Alfredo's is nice on the Grand, the Grand is my least favorite ship of the fleet (I have not yet cruised on Island since it's renovation, but that's on the schedule in 2019).

However, both ships do a good job. We really like Executive Chef Joel Directo and he is on the Grand, or will be on our next Grand cruise. Price is also a factor. I wouldn't pay a lot more for the Star.

Whichever you choose, you will have a fabulous time :)

We are booked on the Star sailing on Sept 23 from Vancouver, this will be our second time on a Princess ship. We will be coming off Holland America's Amsterdam after a 7 night sail to Alaska. Having sailed through the Panama Canal in January with Norwegian, I'm looking forward to being able to compare all three lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

leialoha was wonderful but so was her husband tiki dave. ;)

Aloha,

You are very kind! I always say that you can't go wrong heading to Hawai'i...no matter which ship you choose. That being said...we always love to see returning guests and make new friends as well. Hopefully we'll see as many of you as possible this season!

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

http://www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

I just did the April 23rd 2017 Hawaii cruise on the Grand (great time), I have also done the Golden (with ELUA) and the Star twice.

In 15 days on the Grand, I never once saw the current Hawaiian ambassadors, but I saw ELUA "EVERYWHERE" while on the Golden, so I suspect they will be a major part of your enjoying a cruise on the Star Princess!

Well we just got married on Saturday (July 22) and we are really looking forward to our honeymoon on the Star to Hawaii .. Vancouver return on April 10, 2018... So many wonderful comments about this ship and by then it will have the new beds too... We will be in a handicap room on Caribe deck which i hear is a wonderful deck to be on.... Now we are in search of ukulele's to buy and take on board in hopes of being a part of the classes on board....