Lanzarote

Big Foot

• 4 months later...

Can I ask a question: I was interested in Kruzseeka's comprehensive reply to another cruiser. I am most interested to see the Cesar Manrique house. Was looking at a P&O excursion to do this which also includes the Jameos del Agua caves. Have heard there's lots of steps at caves. Not such a problem but if anyone's been there - are there handrails in the caves so that you feel safe going down the steps? Sounds silly but I have a stability issue with my knee which, whilst not usually a problem means I need support to hold onto going down steps. Alternatively maybe we could do as Kruzseeka mentioned and get a taxi independently and miss out the caves. Any reply appreciated.

Can I ask a question: I was interested in Kruzseeka's comprehensive reply to another cruiser. I am most interested to see the Cesar Manrique house. Was looking at a P&O excursion to do this which also includes the Jameos del Agua caves. Have heard there's lots of steps at caves. Not such a problem but if anyone's been there - are there handrails in the caves so that you feel safe going down the steps? Sounds silly but I have a stability issue with my knee which, whilst not usually a problem means I need support to hold onto going down steps. Alternatively maybe we could do as Kruzseeka mentioned and get a taxi independently and miss out the caves. Any reply appreciated.

The caves are very interesting - I seem to remember the steps were rather 'natural' hewn from the rock but my memory is a bit hazy. But it's some time since we were there so I think others will be able to give you more info on this. I did find this picture though which will perhaps give you an idea of whether you think it would be suitable for you. Enjoy whatever you decide to do.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Jameos+del+Agua+pictures&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl5dz5xZ_VAhVrIsAKHajFBI8QsAQIHA&biw=960&bih=420#imgrc=RohFvo2vxtZJTM:

Hello,

I am doing a Canaries cruise on Ventura & will be in Lanzarote on Sunday 24th September.

Looking at the list of the P&O tours, none are 'jumping out at me' at present & therefore I wondered a) if anyone had any recommendations or b) is there an option to DIY?

If tried to search for a HOHO bus on line this morning, but the only one I can see runs on Mondays or Wednesdays.

I will be travelling with my Husband (we're both 48) & with my Parents who are 70 & 77 who thankfully are quite mobile.

Any tips / advice would be welcomed.

Thank you.

Joan

We did the Fire Mountain excursion from the ship and enjoyed it - apart from the fact it was throwing it down with rain! We would di it again, but next time we would do the excursion that does Fire Mountain and then a camel ride It looked great fun. A good excursion for all ages.

Further to my previous posts this time when we went, again on a Sunday, we walked along the front to the tall hotel. It is green and the only one that is tall. We took the lift to the top floor where there is a coffee/snack bar. Brilliant views. You are above the planes taking off from the airport.