How do you get beach towels?

bajae

I recall seeing big bins of towels as we got off the ship but its been several years and don't recall which ships. They were tan not the blue ones in the room. And those bins were empty on our return to put the dirty wet ones in.

I don't ever remember anything like that. I suppose if they did have it, you would need to sign them out like at the towel hut or Serenity. They sure wouldn't just hand you towels on your way off the ship with no way to track them. And that's another reason why I think it would have been obvious to me if they actually had that.

I know they do have the ones upon returning to the ship as I try to use those as much as possible. Since you're exchanging and not checking out, it doesn't hold up traffic.

When we have a water excursion I grab a rolled up towel from the gym, put them in a small backpack and trade them out for the next excursion.

While they aren't quite Beach towel size two of them fit in a small backpack for my wife and I.

And, if we were to misplace one the $25 fee isn't hovering over our heads. We've done this for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now this is pretty funny. I'm picturing a satirical video showing people on the pool deck nervously circling a row of loungers, each with some chog's towel on it..... :D

That's a really excellent point. When two Carnival ships are in port at (say) Grand Turk, all you'll see on the beach is a sea of blue Carnival towels.

It really helps to differentiate your stuff in some way, especially if you lose track of which aisle your stuff is near and begin panicking when you think your stuff got stolen. (Guilty as charged.)

Yes, I know that feeling as well. I try to pay attention to landmarks in relation to my chair - like 4 down from a tree or trash can or whatever. I've noticed that once you are out in the water, you drift without realizing it. Then comes the moment of panic when you look up & can't find your chair. It's almost like you need a telescoping bicycle flag to plant in the sand next to your chair.

I've had a couple issues also with getting beach towels within the last year or so.

Once, on the Liberty we were ready to go out to port. We enjoyed our breakfast, came back to a made-up room, but no beach towels. We got ready to go, looked for the steward in the hall again before we left and no sign of him. We found another steward who called our steward, then we received the towels - finally.

On the Splendor, fall 2016, we only received once a day room service. I asked steward to make sure we had towels but once or twice we did not get beach towels.

On the Vista in February 2017 we were missing clean towels on one of the days.

Prior to these occasions, never an issue.

I've had a couple issues also with getting beach towels within the last year or so.

Once, on the Liberty we were ready to go out to port. We enjoyed our breakfast, came back to a made-up room, but no beach towels. We got ready to go, looked for the steward in the hall again before we left and no sign of him. We found another steward who called our steward, then we received the towels - finally.

On the Splendor, fall 2016, we only received once a day room service. I asked steward to make sure we had towels but once or twice we did not get beach towels.

On the Vista in February 2017 we were missing clean towels on one of the days.

Prior to these occasions, never an issue.

At least I know I wasn't being singled out, lol! As I remarked earlier since thus thread is specifically about pool towel availability I felt it necessary to make aware of my actual experiences, rather than just what is 'supposed' to happen!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

very true, that's what a "bump" is

I guess I was confused. A bump is actually to bring a thread to the top that hasn't had a post in a while. I'm assuming you just wanted a bump because no-one replied to your post and you thought it warranted a reply? Anyhow the post above this mentioned them. For me packing a towel is not a good idea. Even if space weren't an issue I want a clean towel each day.

3 x 5' dries super fast, look at my Amazon link at the top of this thread. we have a sailboat and sailors love these too.

Frayedend, the other nice thing about microfiber, you can wash it off while you're in the shower, hang on the shower rope. we put ours on the our balcony chairs with a towel clip.

Also, got are better off exchanging your own beach towels then leaving for the state room attendant. Say, you come back at 4 from a shore excursion and leave the towel in the room for the attendant to change. When he turns down the room at night he will take the towel but you won't get a replacement until after he makes up your room the next morning. If you have another port day and you leave early the next day before your room is made up, you won't have fresh towels! Best thing is when you get back on board from a port day, right after you get your card scanned there's a person right there that you can exchange your dirty towels for clean ones. Easiest way to get new, clean towels!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

This is not correct. We always get fresh beach towels either at the PM turndown or the AM refresh. Never had an issue with having new ones left for us either in the PM or AM.

However, if possible we switch out the old one we used in port with a fresh one when returning to the ship. They usually have a bin out for used/dirty towels and you can grab a new one all nicely folded to take back to your room.

This is not correct. We always get fresh beach towels either at the PM turndown or the AM refresh. Never had an issue with having new ones left for us either in the PM or AM.

However, if possible we switch out the old one we used in port with a fresh one when returning to the ship. They usually have a bin out for used/dirty towels and you can grab a new one all nicely folded to take back to your room.

I'm glad you've never had a problem with towel replacements by the stateroom attendant, but all I can say is that wasn't my experience. I just got off the Vista on the 9th, less than 3 weeks ago, so my experience is CURRENT.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yes you can switch out your towels when you get back from a port (USUALLY). However, what if you go to the hot tub or for a swim later that day? You will have a wet towel. Those towels will not dry quickly in the cabin. The next morning you do not have a dry towel. The towel hut is not always open. Also, we usually have an aft cabin so we come from the aft elevators.