3 night cruise will there be a black tie evening

mrsroller180

We have booked our first P & O cruise for next July to the Fjords on Arcadia. However as a surprise I have booked a 3 night one to Bruges this November. As its a surprise I will need to secretly pack for both of us so need to know what to pack. I am assuming there will not be a Black Tie evening on this cruise. Am I right.

Thanks in advance

There will be one. They even have one in the 2 night cruises.

I was just about to post the same answer! We were a bit surprised to find one on our first 2 nighter and thought about not not packing for it and just using the buffet. In the end we made the effort and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was just about to post the same answer! We were a bit surprised to find one on our first 2 nighter and thought about not not packing for it and just using the buffet. In the end we made the effort and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I did a 2-nighter with my daughter and decided to take a basic tuxedo. We were on a table for eight and first night one couple did not appear. The other two couples were together an experienced cruiser couple and newcomer to cruising couple. They discussed to merit of turning up casual on the next night and I said I was going to wear a tuxedo, daughter wore best dress. On that final night we arrived at the table suitably dressed I noticed the two gentlemen were wearing cardigans and no ties and the ladies were casually dressed. After a few minutes the previously missing couple turned up young couple with the man in a full red military dress suit and medal ribbons and his wife in a full evening dress. Naturally I stood up said good evening and sat down as the lady sat down and thought cardigans are a faux pas.

Regards John

Thanks for such a quick reply. I have just visited that link and our cruise number is missing its J718P so it didnt help. Sounds like I had better sneak the dinner suit in then.

Yes, it's looked up the cruise on the p&o site, and that link I posted. It's missing from the cruise dress link, very weird! You have the special magical mystery cruise!!!

I did a 2-nighter with my daughter and decided to take a basic tuxedo. We were on a table for eight and first night one couple did not appear. The other two couples were together an experienced cruiser couple and newcomer to cruising couple. They discussed to merit of turning up casual on the next night and I said I was going to wear a tuxedo, daughter wore best dress. On that final night we arrived at the table suitably dressed I noticed the two gentlemen were wearing cardigans and no ties and the ladies were casually dressed. After a few minutes the previously missing couple turned up young couple with the man in a full red military dress suit and medal ribbons and his wife in a full evening dress. Naturally I stood up said good evening and sat down as the lady sat down and thought cardigans are a faux pas.

Regards John

Did the casually dressed couples look embarrassed?

Yes, it's looked up the cruise on the p&o site, and that link I posted. It's missing from the cruise dress link, very weird! You have the special magical mystery cruise!!!

Yes looks like it lol. We are actually going to Bruges which I believe is very lovely.

Regards John

I bet he looked quite fabulous!!

I am surprised they allowed the cardigans if it were a formal night (was it?)

I bet he looked quite fabulous!!

I am surprised they allowed the cardigans if it were a formal night (was it?)

The other couples were a bit embarrassed. The cruise line is sometimes less strict on 2-nighters, even on formal nights I mean sometimes there are hen and stag weekend people and they push the boundaries a bit. A group of at least twenty girls all in black dresses emerged from a cabin near the lifts and asked me to take a picture of them. Another couple of girls would not stop dancing together and clear the dance floor to let Robbie Williams start his floor show!

Regards John

The other couples were a bit embarrassed. The cruise line is sometimes less strict on 2-nighters, even on formal nights I mean sometimes there are hen and stag weekend people and they push the boundaries a bit. A group of at least twenty girls all in black dresses emerged from a cabin near the lifts and asked me to take a picture of them. Another couple of girls would not stop dancing together and clear the dance floor to let Robbie Williams start his floor show!

Regards John

:D:D I will avoid the short cruises I think!!