wine packages

Warrior Princess

We are shortly boarding Crown Princess and they seem to be pushing the all inclusive drinks package, as we don't want to drink so much we usually purchase a wine package ie 9 bottles for a special price for dining room, is this still available can only find individual wine price list

I believe it's only available on cruises 10 days or more. We purchased it on the Coral (15 days in April) and Pacific (14 days last September). It's a pretty good deal.
That is correct and in addition, there are only 7, 10, and 12 bottle packages offered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

Thanks, yes possibly 7 will do us for 14 nights. Just think all this all inclusive a bit over the top for us. Don't seem to drink as much as we used to.

If you have any unused bottles of wine you can get them from a dining room to drink elsewhere such as in your cabin or you can take home unopened bottles.

Earlier this year we drove to the port with our 2 fee free bottles & purchased the wine package. We misjudged what we'd drink & got our 3 favorite bottles to enjoy at home. By driving to the port we didn't have to deal with airline luggage rules but we have occasionally put a protected bottle in a checked bag when not exceeding the weight limitations.

The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

We did the 10 bottle silver package on Crown Princess last week. All three wines I wanted were available for the whole cruise. When dining in Sabatini's we ordered Champagne at $60 a bottle. We were simply charged the $31 excess (and no gratuity added on top).

The wine package price has been the same since 2014 and the wine bottle prices were unchanged from a year ago (perhaps even longer but I can't remember them back in 2014)

Trying to remember from our last cruise - can you use the wine package to buy bottles in a bar as well as in the dining room? I know we bought bottles both places and kept one bottle in Crooners and one in the dining room, but can't remember if we were able to use the wine package both places.

Trying to remember from our last cruise - can you use the wine package to buy bottles in a bar as well as in the dining room? I know we bought bottles both places and kept one bottle in Crooners and one in the dining room, but can't remember if we were able to use the wine package both places.

My wine card & brochure state the wine package is only usable to get wine from dining venues but not from bars nor room service.

Of course you can take those bottles anywhere on the ship to drink the vino...including Crooners.

I have read a couple of posts that occasionally a waitstaff member went out of their way by going to a dining venue to return with a bottle of wine to a bar. However that's not the official policy so it's probably not routinely done.

We did the 10 bottle silver package on Crown Princess last week. All three wines I wanted were available for the whole cruise. When dining in Sabatini's we ordered Champagne at $60 a bottle. We were simply charged the $31 excess (and no gratuity added on top).

The wine package price has been the same since 2014 and the wine bottle prices were unchanged from a year ago (perhaps even longer but I can't remember them back in 2014)

We had a 12 bottle package last November and we were able to order six bottles of one of our favorites and 5 bottles of another over the 12 night cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a 12 bottle package last November and we were able to order six bottles of one of our favorites and 5 bottles of another over the 12 night cruise.

I've had the same experience as Esprit & you with my wine choices always being available. With the Gold packages we have enjoyed a cruise long wine tasting with bottles up to $45 for $28-$31. :wine-glass:

I wrote a blog about the wine package - http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2014/04/ordering-wine-on-board.html

Yes can only get wine from dining venues including Horizon Court. We often ordered a few bottles in the dining room and enjoyed them in Vines etc. We even have ordered a few bottles and had them delivered to the cabin.

I wrote a blog about the wine package - http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2014/04/ordering-wine-on-board.html

Yes can only get wine from dining venues including Horizon Court. We often ordered a few bottles in the dining room and enjoyed them in Vines etc. We even have ordered a few bottles and had them delivered to the cabin.

Do you have to bring the wine from the dining room to Vines yourself, or will they go get it for you?

Do you have to bring the wine from the dining room to Vines yourself, or will they go get it for you?

I waited for Vickie to reply but see she's no longer here.

As I previously posted, based on their policy the wine package is only usable in dining venues but not from bars nor from room service so you'll need to get it from a dining venue to take it to Vines.

That doesn't mean that a server won't go out of their way to go to a dining venue to bring your wine to Vines or any bar. But that's not their stated policy & wouldn't count on it being routinely done even if someone had their wine delivered anywhere other than in a dining venue.

Like Vickie, when ordering wine in a dining room that we wanted to drink in our cabin the waitstaff has offered to have it delivered to our cabin.

Can anyone tell me if you buy a wine package on a B2B and have any bottles left over after the first part, can you carry any over or would you have to claim them and keep them in the cabin?

Thanks

I waited for Vickie to reply but see she's no longer here.

As I previously posted, based on their policy the wine package is only usable in dining venues but not from bars nor from room service so you'll need to get it from a dining venue to take it to Vines.

That doesn't mean that a server won't go out of their way to go to a dining venue to bring your wine to Vines or any bar. But that's not their stated policy & wouldn't count on it being routinely done even if someone had their wine delivered anywhere other than in a dining venue.

Like Vickie, when ordering wine in a dining room that we wanted to drink in our cabin the waitstaff has offered to have it delivered to our cabin.

well said

Got it, thanks. If we bring a bottle to Vines, do you know if they'll hold it for us if we don't finish it?

they held ours for us with no problem

Can anyone tell me if you buy a wine package on a B2B and have any bottles left over after the first part, can you carry any over or would you have to claim them and keep them in the cabin?

Thanks

we have done this numerous time on b2b - make sure to let them know you are staying on and they will store it.

we have done this numerous time on b2b - make sure to let them know you are staying on and they will store it.

Have you been able to get the wine package on shorter 7 day B2B cruises? I know it's suppose to be 10 day cruises but have read a couple of posts from a few who got it on B2B 7 day cruises.

We haven't been able to get it on such B2B cruises. On 14 & 17 day B2B cruises we first confirmed a 12 bottle package was usable on both segments. I know that the number of days was sufficient on both segments but wanted to purchase one package for both segments.

That was okay but even if not we'd get our remaining bottles at the end of the first segment & carry them back to the dining room. Or could do like you & have them store them for the second segment...thanks for the information.

Have you been able to get the wine package on shorter 7 day B2B cruises? I know it's suppose to be 10 day cruises but have read a couple of posts from a few who got it on B2B 7 day cruises.

We haven't been able to get it on such B2B cruises. On 14 & 17 day B2B cruises we first confirmed a 12 bottle package was usable on both segments. I know that the number of days was sufficient on both segments but wanted to purchase one package for both segments.

That was okay but even if not we'd get our remaining bottles at the end of the first segment & carry them back to the dining room. Or could do like you & have them store them for the second segment...thanks for the information.

to tell you the truth I have never asked on 7 day voyages that I have done back to back. Although someone on my page said that yes they got it on a Caribbean 7 day back to back.

Sometimes I find the wine package to be a bit of a pain... we only get it if we know we will be dining a lot in the dining room. Just too much of a pain to use in Horizon Court and/or take bottles with us. Plus they tend to run out of wine.