Carnival Pride

On what are you basing your opinion? I have read many reviews etc. and while there might be some minor differences between the mainstream lines they are all more alike than they are different and I'm not going to pay substantially more for "more alike".

I'm not talking about mainstream lines. I'm pretty much done with all of them.

The removal of the tablecloths is just a symbol of what I see as a downward spiral. It's not just one thing, but the whole bundle of changes that IMO are not for the better. I'd say just MO but I know a lot of people feel the same way.

If you are happy with the current trends, enjoy and have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which is why your next cruise is the CARNIVAL Sunshine? :rolleyes:

We booked it some time ago and saw no reason to lose money by canceling. We like the itinerary and have an aft wrap. The cruise after that will be the Viking Sea, then after that we will be booking the Grand European river cruise, also with Viking.

I'm not talking about mainstream lines. I'm pretty much done with all of them.

The removal of the tablecloths is just a symbol of what I see as a downward spiral. It's not just one thing, but the whole bundle of changes that IMO are not for the better. I'd say just MO but I know a lot of people feel the same way.

If you are happy with the current trends, enjoy and have a great cruise.

If things got so bad that I felt that I had to book with Viking for the experience I want I'd probably just stop cruising.:eek:;) Cruising overall has definitely changed over the years, but then so has society. I cruise to be on the ocean, to see new places every day and most importantly to spend time with my wife and/or family. Things would have to change an awful lot to negatively impact those three things.

I think this is true for all Carnival ships now. They were rolling out the new American Table fleetwide. I dislike it immensely [emoji35]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I didn't think I would like it either but lack of table clothes didn't bother me and we found the food just as good with something new to try if you want to every night

If things got so bad that I felt that I had to book with Viking for the experience I want I'd probably just stop cruising.:eek:;) Cruising overall has definitely changed over the years, but then so has society. I cruise to be on the ocean, to see new places every day and most importantly to spend time with my wife and/or family. Things would have to change an awful lot to negatively impact those three things.

Well said! We sail for rest and to be with family and to go places not for table cloths, chocolate on the pillow. Yes they are cutbacks or as I like to say changes. Cruise vacations are still a value even with all the changes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Over July 4th weekend, we ate at Angeline, and Bobby Flay Steak at the Borgata in Atlantic City, and neither restaurant had tablecloths. We were on the Carnival Pride in April, and had the American Table and the "no tablecloths" didn't bother us at all.

Today cruising is different than it was in the past. We're not big fans of many of the changes, and we draw the line on cruising on mega ships with 5,000+ other vacationers, but we're happy to continue cruising any time on the smaller ships as long as they're around, and deal with the many changes, including no tablecloths.

I hate when I click on a thread that has only a ships name title only to find out its just another tired old tablecloth thread. lol :p:cool:

I totally agree. The Pride is my favorite ship, so I tend to read all of the threads about it. I couldn't care less if the tablecloths are on there or not. If not having them keeps the cost of cruises affordable so I can cruise more, I am all for it! No tablecloths or tablecloths will NOT make or break a cruise for me. I have no complaints about the American Table and have always had a pleasant dining experience.

• 3 weeks later...
My first cruise was in 1999 and my most recent one (5th) was this July. I could not tell you, under the threat of torture, if ANY of the tables had a tablecloth!😁

(Fiance says that it was only on formal night this last cruise.)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

(Oops, this was my 4th cruise. August will be 5th.)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

Just off the Pride today wonderful ship and awesome employees. Saffie was hilarious and the cast of playlist productions on this ship is excellent.

We just got off too! Great cruise except for the rainout on the first fun day at sea.

On the CDAS * I'd rate Saffie a 2.0 out of 5, pretty good considering 5 is most annoying.

* CDAS = Cruise Director Annoying Scale

I had to put a napkin under my plate in order to cut my steak and not have the plate moving all over the table. I hate it.

Long before American Table rolled out, we dined in the steakhouse on the Conquest, like 8 or 9 years ago. They did not have table cloths in there back then, I remember because they were spraying down the table next to us and and over sprayed into my mashed potatoes.

At least in the MDR, the tables are further apart. But to your point, re sliding plates, the steak is supposed be be tender enough and the knives sharp enough to keep that from happening.

I can't remember the last time I went to a steakhouse anywhere in the US that had tablecloths. Italian an Chinese, sure.