Barclay/Carnival credit card problems

mojavetex

I am pulling my hair out with Barclay!!!!!!! I like our Carnival rewards and would like to keep my card but the "relationship mangers" are not helping. We had fraudulent charges on 6 cards since 2014. After the second charge we made a lot of security changes--not used online EVER, RFID sleeve, reducing where the card is used. We just had another false charge. The relationship manger could not provide us a name or telephone number so we could contact the company that charged us. But they are doubting us not the company!

Is there another card that gives good points that can be used for Carnival cruises?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't have a good card just wanted to say I have a credit card that I have had false charges on 6 times this year. I get a text every time it is used so I catch it immediately. I am getting tired of it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Questions....

1.Did they cancel the first time and re-issue you a new card?

2.Did they flag your account for fraud?

If you answer no to either question. STOP the account and say you will do your business else where. They are ruining your credit.

• Like 1

We've not had any problems with ours, but if you want to switch to a different travel card that doesn't charge annual fees, you might check out the capital one visa - we used that until we got the carnival one. One thing we liked was that it had the purchase eraser feature, so unlike the ccl card, it's more flexible on the rewards. There are also other cards that are good for travel, but I don't like to pay annual fees to use those.

Relationship manager does not equal fraud department. You maybe talking to the wrong people.

Btw- no amount of perks are worth bad credit from bad charges.

Our cards are always cancelled and we are sent a new one. We have asked to talk to someone else and we are told there is no one else. Or they transfer us to a phone number that is never answered--they did this twice. After the first fraud, I check our account regularly and found the other frauds. We are really not hard to get along with-- just want answers. My card is never compromised. Just my husbands. We don't know what else to do. The last "relationship manager" that we talked to cancelled our card when it had just been cancelled. He wouldn't listen to us that it didn't need to be cancelled. I wish I knew how we could talk to someone who could really help us.

I've used mine for every purchase the past three years with the exception of haircuts...because my barber only takes cash....And I've never had a problem with security. I made four online purchases today alone.

Do you not have online statements? When I've had a fraudulent purchase it's usually because I identified it off the online transactions. In this case I got the same answer so I googled the merchant name on the transaction and got all the info I needed. Is that an option for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would do what someone else suggests and google the name of the company

I have had my card for years and have had another card with barclay for even longer and NEVER had an issue

if it is only your husbands card being compromised I am sorry to say this but he must be doing something to let it get out there or someone in your household who has access to your stuff? Someone at work? I just find it to weird that its constantly your husband's card that has an issue

Sorry to hear of your difficulties with the Carnival/Barclays card.

No issues with our card, but....If I may suggest, frequent fraud on cards is NOT the fault of the card issuer. Someone, somewhere has pilfered your data information and is able to access your account. You need to take steps to stop this. Lifelock, all the credit bureaus, etc.. Chances are that if you cancel the card and account at Barclays or other card issuers, you will eventually find the new company/cards compromised.

And while the "rewards" are enticing on some cards, getting a card for the rewards is NOT good financial practice. Get the card you need for use, at the best service, lowest fees/interest rates possible and use it as needed. Often you'll wind up paying more in fees an interest than the "rewards" were worth or the "rewards" get changed and you lose out on anything you where originally hoping to get.

Chances are it is not something you or your husband are doing. Our cards get compromised fairly often and what Capital One fraud department told us last time was that people have programmed computers to run through numbers until they find one that is good. Then they create a card with your credit card number and name and use it to make charges. Capital One is really good at catching fraudulent charges before we do - and I check our charges once a week on line to make sure they are all ours. I've never been the one to catch a bad charge since I started doing weekly checks about a year ago.

Chances are it is not something you or your husband are doing. Our cards get compromised fairly often and what Capital One fraud department told us last time was that people have programmed computers to run through numbers until they find one that is good. Then they create a card with your credit card number and name and use it to make charges. Capital One is really good at catching fraudulent charges before we do - and I check our charges once a week on line to make sure they are all ours. I've never been the one to catch a bad charge since I started doing weekly checks about a year ago.

yah this could be possible if it was just an every once in a while deal but its a constant thing for this same card which tells me there is more to it then someone decoding your number

yah this could be possible if it was just an every once in a while deal but its a constant thing for this same card which tells me there is more to it then someone decoding your number

One of our card's numbers was stolen 3 times in about a 2-3 month span and Cap One said that an actual card was run for the stolen purchase all 3 times and we both had our cards in our possession. Every time it happened we were issued a new card with a new number. It is possible.

I would do what someone else suggests and google the name of the company

I have had my card for years and have had another card with barclay for even longer and NEVER had an issue

if it is only your husbands card being compromised I am sorry to say this but he must be doing something to let it get out there or someone in your household who has access to your stuff? Someone at work? I just find it to weird that its constantly your husband's card that has an issue

Yes, we are puzzled. There is no one else in our house. He works out of our house. He limits where he uses it. It is in a RFID sleeve. We even thought maybe someone at Barclay. It doesn't make sense. Any ideas?

Do you not have online statements? When I've had a fraudulent purchase it's usually because I identified it off the online transactions. In this case I got the same answer so I googled the merchant name on the transaction and got all the info I needed. Is that an option for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, we have online statements. I watched them closely after our first fraud. Our last argument with them was about the fact that there was no info available on our last fraud. The "relationship manager" tried to tell us that the merchant was on Facebook and had no phone number. We asked him to tell us how he found theFacebook account. He finally said he would give us the credit because he couldn't tell us anything. No credit yet. I have a feeling our fight isn't over. That "relationship manager" was incompetent.

Sorry to hear of your problems with Barclay! I have had their card for several years. I've had fraudulent charges on it twice and both times they contacted me to verify if it was legit or fraudulent. Both times was fraudulent and they cancelled card, gave me credit, and sent out new card. No problems at all with Barclay. There were two other occasions that I requested a refund to my card due to receiving wrong item from an online purchase. Both times it went through a 90 day process and after the 90 days, I was refunded. I also have my card set so that they send me an email every time a purchase is made on my card that is over $200.00. I have been very happy with them and hope you are able to resolve this.

• 2 years later...

Funny, I had a fraudulent charge on my carnival card while I was on a Carnival cruise. It was on the day I returned. They removed the charge and sent me another card. Before I got the card there was another charge made. I gave them the card back.

So aggravated right now.  Notified of a bogus charge last week that we didn’t make (BNB charge).  Waited over 2 hours to speak with relationship manager regarding the fraud.  They were having system problems, but canceled our cards and advised they were sending out new ones.  Today got another notification of same charge made yesterday, to our new account number!  WAITED OVER 3 HOURS 20 MINUTES.  Never connected with a live person.  Sent an email instead.  WTH is going on over there?  We are closing the account.

8 hours ago, nmstevens said:

I have redeemed  rewards applied  to a cruise that cancelled. Will they apply these reward cards to my new cruise if I can ever get through to them or do I lose them?

you are more likely to get your question answered by starting a new thread rather than digging up a 3 year old thread. Many posters will only read the first few posts and respond and never made it to your question.

• Like 1