Which Nights are Formal on Star Princess Whittier to Vancouver?

Jimmy2076

Hi! I'm cruising from Whittier to Vancouver on the Star Princess, 14-20 July 2018.

Can anyone tell me which two days I should expect formal nights? I'd like to know before I make any specialty dining reservations.

Thanks!

My travel agent said it is not set in stone since it is up to the Captain of each ship, but she said to expect the 2nd night of the trip & the next to last night... Hope that helps. Debbie

We've done this cruise on the Star the last 3 years and it has been exactly those nights each time.

• 9 months later...
Hi! I'm cruising from Whittier to Vancouver on the Star Princess, 14-20 July 2018.

Can anyone tell me which two days I should expect formal nights? I'd like to know before I make any specialty dining reservations.

Thanks!

We are on the Star the week prior (Vancouver to Whittier July 7-14). How is that for a Roll Call?

What is the general advice for booking specialty dining? Should we book specialty dining on the Formal Night to "whoop it up" or book specialty dining any other night in order to make the most out of Formal Night in the regular dining rooms?

FWIW, we selected anytime dining...

Thanks!

We are on this cruise also and I researched on some older threads and many confirmed Sunday and Thursday. That is what I am assuming also. Someone earlier questioned Sunday but this cruise embarks on Saturday. Sunday is glacier viewing day.

We'll be going in August on Star. We've sailed southbound twice prior and both times formal nights were on Hubbard Glacier day and Ketchikan. That aligns with Sunday and Thursday as others have noted.

Just off Star. Formal nights were Sunday and Thursday.

How formal were the formal nights for Alaska? My dad and brother are planning to take a button shirt, tie and sport coat. Is that not enough? They don't want to feel out of place!

How formal were the formal nights for Alaska? My dad and brother are planning to take a button shirt, tie and sport coat. Is that not enough? They don't want to feel out of place!

Alaska is the least formal of all the cruises we've been on. Your dad and brother will be fine.