Are we Elite or Not?????

2pbears

DH and I reached Elite status on our last cruise (or at least we thought we did)/ Just received an email for our upcoming cruise in October and it listed our status as Platinum. I thought maybe that was because we were Platinum when we booked this cruise, but when I log in to the Princess website it shows our status as Platinum. Do I need to call Princess or will this all shake out when we board our next cruise?

DH and I reached Elite status on our last cruise (or at least we thought we did)/ Just received an email for our upcoming cruise in October and it listed our status as Platinum. I thought maybe that was because we were Platinum when we booked this cruise, but when I log in to the Princess website it shows our status as Platinum. Do I need to call Princess or will this all shake out when we board our next cruise?

I would not wait. Yes call the Captain's Circle desk.

You do have to complete the qualifying cruise for the credits before you are moved up.

DH and I reached Elite status on our last cruise (or at least we thought we did) ?

While you were on your last cruise did you get a letter saying you had reached elite and your elite pin? (It would have been delivered toward the end of the voyage). If yes, then it sounds like the booking/ marketing information and the captains circle information are out of sync.

As Pam suggested I would log on to Princess and make sure your history is correct in the system ( for example if you booked a suite or travelled solo did you get 2 credits as you should have or only 1?)

Once you have reviewed your history call Princess and confirm they have you properly as Elite in the system.

Princess has the OP marked as platinum because that is what they were when they booked the cruise. When it comes time after full payment to print your boarding pass, you will find the new designation. When the OP boards, they will have the coveted black card. However if they are concerned, they certainly can call Princess and check. They don't seem to update the personalizer however.

Before you call, check again the Princess website (My Princess) where you saw your status as Platinum. By clicking the "cruises sailed", it will list all your individual cruises sailed, with the corresponding cruise credits. If the completed sailings has a total of 15 cruise credits, then you should be Elite now. If less than 15, you can check the list if a sailing has been missed out. It happened before on my son's history.

While you were on your last cruise did you get a letter saying you had reached elite and your elite pin? (It would have been delivered toward the end of the voyage). If yes, then it sounds like the booking/ marketing information and the captains circle information are out of sync.

As Pam suggested I would log on to Princess and make sure your history is correct in the system ( for example if you booked a suite or travelled solo did you get 2 credits as you should have or only 1?)

Once you have reviewed your history call Princess and confirm they have you properly as Elite in the system.

We received our Elite pins and confirmation letter last Friday and disembarked Crown Princess on Saturday.

DH and I reached Elite status on our last cruise (or at least we thought we did)/

Just adding up the Princess cruises in your signature, you only have 14. So unless one of those was in a full suite or was a back to back or as a solo, you have 14 credits. You need 15 completed to become Elite.

Jim

Princess has the OP marked as platinum because that is what they were when they booked the cruise. When it comes time after full payment to print your boarding pass, you will find the new designation. When the OP boards, they will have the coveted black card. However if they are concerned, they certainly can call Princess and check. They don't seem to update the personalizer however.

Notwithstanding the fact that Jim has counted the cruises in 2pbears signature and can see only 14, and assuming that they already have 15 cruise credits or 150 nights, I totally agree with the above statement.

We booked a cruise not long after we got to Elite, and at a time when we already had another cruise pending which we had booked before becoming Elite.

Although our profile was showing as Elite in the Captain's Circle section website, the cruise details in Cruise Personaliser on the website ('Manage My Booking' > 'Guest Information') for the first of the two cruises said Platinum, but the second cruise said Elite, so I phoned Princess.

They said that there wouldn't be a problem, and whilst it would work through the system when they came to issue boarding paperwork, they could easily address my concerns by doing a 'refresh' on the booking, which they duly did whilst I was on the phone.

After putting the phone down, I went back into Cruise Personaliser and sure enough, our status was showing as Elite on both cruises.

This, of course all assumes that you have met the qualifying criteria for moving from Platinum to Elite during your last cruise.

Before you call, check again the Princess website (My Princess) where you saw your status as Platinum. By clicking the "cruises sailed", it will list all your individual cruises sailed, with the corresponding cruise credits. If the completed sailings has a total of 15 cruise credits, then you should be Elite now. If less than 15, you can check the list if a sailing has been missed out. It happened before on my son's history.

Also, you should have received a letter the last night of your previous cruise stating your new Elite status.

Just adding up the Princess cruises in your signature, you only have 14. So unless one of those was in a full suite or was a back to back or as a solo, you have 14 credits. You need 15 completed to become Elite.

Jim

I used that same logic when waiting to reach elite status ...

On their website, it showed 10-14 as platinum, 15 or more as elite. I assumed it meant on my 15th cruise, I was elite. What it does mean is that after 15 completed cruises, one is elite. My mistake ... and looks like maybe the same for the OP.

Well, we got there anyway ... and had fun in the process. :)

Very simple

If you have completed 15 Princess and/or P&O cruises you are Elite.

If you have completed and disembarked from cruises where you have been on board for 150 days or more you are Elite.

If you have 15 cruise credits you are Elite. One cruise equals one cruise credit. One cruise as a solo passenger in a cabin equals two cruise credits. One cruise in a full suite equals two cruise credits. One cruise as a solo in a full suite equals three cruise credits.

It is all listed in your Captain's Circle on line history.

Thanks to all of you for this information. With your help I think I have figured out where we are and how this happened.

1. We were Platinum when we booked this upcoming cruise.

2. We do, in fact, have only 14 cruises but one of them was in a full suite.

3. The cruise that was in the full suite was the first of our three most recent cruises (B2B2B's). I think because of this we did not receive our Elite letter during the final cruise of the B2B2B.

4. When I log in to My Princess it does show that we are Elite.

Thank you all for your help. I can always count on Cruise Critic for help when I need it.

3. The cruise that was in the full suite was the first of our three most recent cruises (B2B2B's). I think because of this we did not receive our Elite letter during the final cruise of the B2B2B.

Thank you all for your help. I can always count on Cruise Critic for help when I need it.

If you want the Elite pin (& who doesn't ;p ), go to the Captain Circle rep and he/she will give you one.

Thanks to all of you for this information. With your help I think I have figured out where we are and how this happened.

Well, congrats, then. Enjoy your perks.

Jim

If you want the Elite pin (& who doesn't ;p ), go to the Captain Circle rep and he/she will give you one.

They will also mail it to you. I did not get a letter or pin on the cruise that qualified me for Elite and I contacted the Captain's Circle area upon my return to find out if something had changed. They apologized and put one in the mail to me.

They will also mail it to you. I did not get a letter or pin on the cruise that qualified me for Elite and I contacted the Captain's Circle area upon my return to find out if something had changed. They apologized and put one in the mail to me.

Just ask the Captain's Circle host(ess) while on board. Or let me know and you can have our pins for $20.00 for the two. :D

Also, you should have received a letter the last night of your previous cruise stating your new Elite status.

Let me ask a stupid question. My wife reached elite status on our last cruise but I didn't. She had one more trip than I have. Will I be able to get her status too or tough luck for me? :')

Let me ask a stupid question. My wife reached elite status on our last cruise but I didn't. She had one more trip than I have. Will I be able to get her status too or tough luck for me? :')

Well since there is only one minibar benefit per cabin that won't matter. Everything else (not a whole lot) are going to be things that you will get just by being with her in the same cabin (laundry, priority disembarkation). 10% off of purchases in the shops is something that you will need to her and her card for.

Edited by ar1950

I sailed 2 solo cruise this spring B2B so I would be Elite for a January 2018 cruise. I never received a letter or pin towards the end of my cruise. Even tho I haven't made final payment yet on my Captains Circle page it has me as Elite status. Guess I need to contact them since I never received anything.

Tom😎

I sailed 2 solo cruise this spring B2B so I would be Elite for a January 2018 cruise. I never received a letter or pin towards the end of my cruise. Even tho I haven't made final payment yet on my Captains Circle page it has me as Elite status. Guess I need to contact them since I never received anything.

Tom😎

What I said to someone else: Just ask the Captain's Circle host(ess) while on board. Or let me know and you can have our pins for $20.00 for the two. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

If you are really nice to her I bet she will share the mini bar with you :D and she may order an elite tea service and share. But... You won't get your black card until after you complete your next voyage.

Tom😎

If you are Elite status in the system, simply stop by the Captain's Circle Host/hostess desk onboard ship and the Host will give you pins.