Traveling with my parents who are Elite

Tigerbon

She didn't say that she EXPECTED to get Club Class treatment for free. She says that she is trying to understand the system and how it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was the most helpful post I have ever read, keep it up! You will soon be over 5000! So important!

If you just examine the evening dining situation the parents are in a full suite and are elite status. Presumably they will get allocated first/second sitting for evening meals or Anytime Dining. All Tigerbon needs to do is link the bookings i.e. each party booked (parents and Tigerbon) advise through their travel agent or direct as appropriate that they wish to dine with the other party. The one thing Tigerbon needs to do is to make sure they do not get a CLUB CLASS mini-suite. A normal mini-suite will be fine as they will be afforded the same evening options as parents. If everyone get allocated Anytime Dining the parents should book for the whole group and get preferential consideration on that evening's table booking.

If you book a mini-suite but not a club class one make sure you select "no upgrades" as you might get stuck with a club class one.

The Elite Status is only relevant to situations like breakfast where parents can use Sabaitinis, you could all Breakfast together in the same standard restaurant.

Regards John

That was the most helpful post I have ever read, keep it up! You will soon be over 5000! So important!

Unlike many on here, I am not concerned with my post count.

Grow up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was my dream too. (sarcasm) ...so that I can be like the cool kids.

Then, I saw a poster with 17000+ posts. The cool kids became a lot less cool.

What I have noticed ... the people who have been on lots of cruises, or have something interesting to say

usually don't have huge post counts.

The Elite Status is only relevant to situations like breakfast where parents can use Sabaitinis, you could all Breakfast together in the same standard restaurant.

Regards John

Elite does not get you breakfast in Sabatini's. Breakfast in Sabatini's is only available to Full Suites.

Elite does not get you breakfast in Sabatini's. Breakfast in Sabatini's is only available to Full Suites.

Yes, sorry RocketMan you are completely correct. It is the parents being in a Suite that is the problem for the children of the parents in the posting here.

To eat together they simply need to go to a standard MDR for breakfast to eat together first thing daily. Parents may of course go to Sabitini's as a couple.

Regards John

That's one of the perks of the job me old mucker, how its always worked in the past!

If I'm in a suite and have to wait for a table because the Matre'D allowed a non club class, non suite passenger in an area they did not pay for I'd be complaining to guest services, and Princess corp,The loyalty ambassador, social media, and anyone who would remedy the situation. If all it takes is a bribe then anyone could use & abuse an amenity others have paid for. Not a good scenario for Princess and a disincentive to book club class.

If I'm in a suite and have to wait for a table because the Matre'D allowed a non club class, non suite passenger in an area they did not pay for I'd be complaining to guest services, and Princess corp,The loyalty ambassador, social media, and anyone who would remedy the situation. If all it takes is a bribe then anyone could use & abuse an amenity others have paid for. Not a good scenario for Princess and a disincentive to book club class.

Don't think you'd have to wait for a table is the short answer so the rest is superfluous.

Don't think you'd have to wait for a table is the short answer so the rest is superfluous.

I disagree. I'd also ask for a refund of the price of Club Class VS Mini suite since I wasted my money if it can be negotiated with a bribe.

The original poster in this thread is simply trying to find out how she can, together with her husband, travel on this cruise and adopt the correct way of being able to dine with the parents. There is no suggestion of trying to wangle some sort of dubious tactic to achieve preferential treatment etc. It's just how can we dine with parents? They are in a suite and also have Elite loyalty status. She originally thought booking a club class cabin might be the thing to do but I think you will find that suite passengers may dine in the MDR every night. If they link the bookings I see no reason why they cannot get the same standard, 1st 2nd or Anytime Dining arrangement as a larger group in this way.

Same in the morning all can attend the appropriate MDR which is open to all for breakfast. Should the parents wish to breakfast alone as a couple they may do so. A lot of the posts on this thread are not helpful to the OP in any way as I see it.

Regards John

Hi everyone...I've never traveled on Princess before and I'm a bit confused about what is/isn't included for non-elite folks. My parents have traveled on dozens of cruises and have had elite status for so long, they are not sure what is or isn't included for non-elite cruisers. My hubbie and I are joining them on a cruise and have booked our own mini-suite but there aren't any club class mini suites available.

So..what I'm really not sure about is the dining situation. We won't be 'club class' so does that mean we can't eat together? I don't understand the difference between club class dining and anytime dining.

I hope you enjoy your cruise, wherever you dine. Having the opportunity to travel on a cruise with your parents is very special. Have fun!