Shopping in Grand Cayman

Rissa041115

Any suggestions on shopping in Grand Cayman? I'm not looking for anything crazy. Just more than what's at the port. Last time we went there wasn't much shopping directly in the port.

I dont mean to sound like a smart a** but I wouldn't do any shopping in Grand Cayman...Save your money for the other ports. This is my least favorite stop as the prices are ungodly! You dont get any deals....and everything there is at other stops....Maybe a shirt that has grand Cayman on it.....but that's it. NOTHING is cheap there.

Any suggestions on shopping in Grand Cayman? I'm not looking for anything crazy. Just more than what's at the port. Last time we went there wasn't much shopping directly in the port.

I dont mean to sound like a smart a** but I wouldn't do any shopping in Grand Cayman...Save your money for the other ports. This is my least favorite stop as the prices are ungodly! You dont get any deals....and everything there is at other stops....Maybe a shirt that has grand Cayman on it.....but that's it. NOTHING is cheap there.

Thanks! I super appreciate your honesty!! We only bought one small thing from grand cayman last time we were there because there wasn't a whole lot. I was expecting a lot more options. I love the shopping at Cozumel and Jamaica, I was hoping we just missed something at Grand Cayman! Thanks for your honesty!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! I super appreciate your honesty!! We only bought one small thing from grand cayman last time we were there because there wasn't a whole lot. I was expecting a lot more options. I love the shopping at Cozumel and Jamaica, I was hoping we just missed something at Grand Cayman! Thanks for your honesty!

No problem. A fun shirt to buy in Grand Cayman is the "Ive been to Hell" shirt...there's a place in GC people venture off to called hell....not much there. Were doing the Cozumel and Jamaica run too...In October...leaves on the 8th. You? Cozumel and Jamaica are my favorite stops!

Cayman has a variety of luxury goods, high end watches and other jewelry, purses, perfumes and such for those who are so inclined. There are several such retailers downtown as well as at Camana Bay.

For more modest budgets cameras and photography equipment can be very competitive compared to even discount photography retailers in the States. I've bought lenses and camera bodies for friends who are photography hounds in the States and found them cheaper here in Cayman than in the States.

Otherwise Cayman unique items which span crafts, spices, hot pepper jelly, and unique Caymanite jewelry are items you just cannot buy anywhere else.

Absolutely NO "bargains" in GC...they are the MOST expensive and richest nation in the Caribbean! You can buy souvenir stuff...probably the same stuff you can get anywhere...but I sense that's not what you're looking for.

You do realize that 80 percent of those tourist souvenirs are from China?? Save your money.

I guess I am the exception here as Cayman is one of our all time favorite stops! We shop in the morning and hang out at the beach in the afternoon. Like Drew above, I got a great deal on a Canon zoom lens, always pick up some Waterford crystal while there and we are headed back next year for more Caymanite jewelry. This will be out fifth trip back to Cayman....and we can hardly wait!!! :)

I guess I am the exception here as Cayman is one of our all time favorite stops! We shop in the morning and hang out at the beach in the afternoon. Like Drew above, I got a great deal on a Canon zoom lens, always pick up some Waterford crystal while there and we are headed back next year for more Caymanite jewelry. This will be out fifth trip back to Cayman....and we can hardly wait!!! :)

Is there a special store where you find the Waterford crystal and the Caymanite jewelry?

• 1 month later...
We will be in port on a Wednesday. Can you tell us where the farmers market is at Camana Bay? Is it easy to get to from the ship?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Taxi from port is easiest. It's a short drive.

Or, take the public bus along Seven Mile Beach to Royal Palms, then follow the walking path to Camana Bay.

https://camanabay.com/about/#directions

The Market is on from noon to (I think) 7pm. The website has more details.

Have lunch at Brooklyn Pizza. Food is awesome. Their 'Fun-guy' mushroom pizza is my fav.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I'm late to post this, but to future travellers, Pure Art on South Church Street is a wonderful art gallery and gift shop. It's a short drive out of town, near Smith's Cove, but well worth it. We've stopped in every year for 20 years, and there's always something to bring home. It's open every day except Sunday and public holidays.