Tour Guide in Israel

doglover214

We are planning a cruise that stops in Ashdod and Haifa. We are looking for a tour guide that can make the most of time and can guide us as to what we should see in the short time we have.

The ship excursions offered do not include all that we would like to see.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

We are planning a cruise that stops in Ashdod and Haifa. We are looking for a tour guide that can make the most of time and can guide us as to what we should see in the short time we have.

The ship excursions offered do not include all that we would like to see.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

We had 4 days in Israel in 2011 and had a wonderful tour with Moti.

Moti Bar – Tuv

Licensed Tour Guide | Traveling Organizing מורה דרך | ארגון טיולים | הדרכת איכות

http://www.travel-israel.info

P.O.B 340 Qiryat Tivon 36012 Israel 06310 ת.ד 043 קרית טבעון

Tel: 972-4-9830908 Fax: 972-4-9931717 Mob: 972-52-2268331 350-0068001 : טל: 34-9803938 פקס: 34-9901717 נייד

Email: moti@travel-israel.info

If Moti is not available on the days you need, then ask for Tal - she is fantastic!!!

We used Guided Tours Israel on our Holy Land Cruise 2 years ago and were pleased. However, we recently returned to Israel for a land tour and used Sam Salem.(guide.holy@gmail.com) I know that he meets cruise ships at either port for tours. He was excellent.

However, we recently returned to Israel for a land tour and used Sam Salem.(guide.holy@gmail.com) I know that he meets cruise ships at either port for tours. He was excellent.

However, Sam is not a licensed tour guide, has not completed the required rigorous training, and serving as a guide without a license in Israel is illegal.

Moti Bar – Tuv

Licensed Tour Guide | Traveling Organizing מורה דרך | ארגון טיולים | הדרכת איכות

Tel: 972-4-9830908 Fax: 972-4-9931717 Mob: 972-52-2268331 350-0068001 : טל: 34-9803938 פקס: 34-9901717 נייד

If Moti is not available on the days you need, then ask for Tal - she is fantastic!!!

I can second the recommendation for Moti. :)

Moti Bar – Tuv

We used Moti for three days in Israel, both Haifa and Ashdod, wonderful guide.

Do make sure you ask for a modern coach with big windows. We were not pleased the first day and told him so. The next two days we had a much better van.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your recommendations.

I just realized that one of the cruises we considered stops in Ashod/haifa on Friday and Saturday. we wanted to tour Jerusalem on Saturday and just heard that many sites are closed (Yad Vashem, tunnels,etc).

That changes the cruise line we originally chose.

When I learned before our trip that Sam was not licensed, I was a little concerned and asked him the reason. He told me that he is ineligible for licensure because he was born in Bethlehem and is not a citizen of Israel. He is very experienced and well connected. I have used many private guides in my travels and stand by my recommendation of Sam.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
We visited Ashdod & Haifa recently on a cruise and use Tal Megged.

Can highly recommend her - very professional and excellent English. If you contact her, please tell her Paul had recommended her.

Tal Megged

Licensed Israeli Tour Guide

talmgd@gmail.com

As I mentioned in my first post we used Moti, however out guide on day 1 was Tal. And she is fantastic! We just loved her! Probably the best guide we ever had.

• 2 years later...

Best Cultural Tour Guide in the Holy land--- Sam Salem. Our cruise last month took as to Ashdod. We were interested in the best cultural guide to take us on a comprehensive tour of sites we had not seen on another tour of Israel. Due diligence took us to Sam(guide.holy@gmail.com) We contacted Sam and got an immediate e-mail reply. He is flexible as to an itinerary based upon your need. We found him very bright,welcoming and a very able communicator thruout our planning process. Sam picked us up in Ashdod. He will also pick you up in Haifa or overnight you from Ashdod and return you to Haifa if that is your ship next day itinerary. You are the quarterback. We went to the Temple Mount,Mt. of Olives,Lazarus tomb and Simon the Lepers house in Bethany and Milk Grotto,Shepherds Field and Blessings Gift Shop in Bethlehem. He tours from Petra in Jordan to the Lebanon border and everything in between. We had already done those sites previously. We were a couple and occasionally Sam can get permission to enter the Dome of the Rock and the nearby Mosque. We were lucky we got inside both buildings. We are Episcopalians. Many sites waived fees because a friend of Sam is a friend of mine. He is energetic, knows his stuff and give you a tour like no one else. He also tours those who just fly in and never take a cruise. Pretty remarkable guy. He is an Arab Christian who was respected by all those we encountered at our tour sites. Everyone knows him. Do yourself a favor----email him

Edited by maseat
misspelling

We just returned from a cruise through the Middle East and loved it.

We had 2 days in Haifa and we used a small private company.

Uri Golani

Private tour Guide

License # 8213

Cell:+972505308547

Uri Golani Trip Advisor Page

golaniu@gmail.com

www.golanitoursisrael.com

Uri was fantastic.

His English is better than mine - well at least as good.

He is the driver and guide.

We had 6 in our group and the van was clean, modern and comfortable.

He was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain things so we could understand.

You can check out his Trip Advisor page and reviews.

I HIGHLY recommend him.