Tiki Bikini Hut Nassau

LlijNomad

Sailing out on our first cruise on the Allure on Nov 15th, Can anyone tell me about the Tiki Bikini Hut at Junkanoo Beach? Looking for anyone who has been recently that can give me info if its worth it, condition of beach ect, getting a lot of mixed reviews on trip advisor and other sites! I like the Idea that it is in walking distance from the ship and that its not going to cost us an arm and a leg to go there and enjoy the day! Also heard that they do not have water rental equipment, but there is a place close by that rents paddleboard, kayaks, ect, is this true? Please any and all info is greatly appreciated

We visited the Tiki Hut on Junkanoo Beach last April. We walked from the cruise ship to the beach, it was about a 7-10 minute walk(just follow the crowd). Once we arrived at the entrance of the beach the Tiki Hut sat right at the entrance. It a small shack/walk up bar. That served drinks and had a guy singing and engaging with the crowd. You could also rent beach chairs and umbrellas from the Tiki Hut. The beach was your typical beach area, it wasn't to crowded or rocky. My kids and I splashed a bit and sat and listend to the Guy from the Tiki Hut sing and advertise drink specials. It is not an upscale beach that you see on travel commercials or booklets. However it was very nice and FREE. It is also safe. I left my beach bag and stroller on the sand to splash around with the kids and not one bothered my things nor looked suspicious.

You can walk from the beach to the shopping area ( I think its called the straw markets) which is what we did after. I suggest you walk to the beach vs. taking a cab, because it really is a short walk and the roads are very narrow.

• 1 year later...