Inch Of Gold sold on ships

Wndrwomn

Hello!

I just wanted to share my experiences with Inch of Gold and hear from others about theirs.

My experiences are nothing but positive. I purchased a 'silver' filigree-styled necklace and bracelet back in 2011 on RC Monarch of the Seas. I wore them just about every day for about 2 years before the 'silver' started to dull slightly. I kept the gold plastic bag and guarantee paper, followed the instructions and sent it back. They were replaced with a brand new set!

In 2012 I cruised on the Carnival Dream and again bought a matching 'silver' necklace and bracelet. I also bought a 'gold' necklace in the same filigree-style as the silver necklace I wear often.

I wear both silver bracelets at least 4 days a week (when I am not working as a nurse, I don't wear bracelets to work) and they still look great.

The gold necklace I wear when I want to wear gold.

The jewelry is beautiful, I have received compliments on the filigree-styled jewelry, its design, and no one has ever thought they weren't real. I chose them for their beauty, not to impress anyone, but if it looks real, then hey, why not lol

I have read reviews elsewhere how salespeople state the gold is real and sailing out in International waters is the reason behind the cheap price for 'gold'. That was never stated to me. I was informed up-front what the jewelry is made of and if it ever tarnishes, I could send it back for a replacement. Also, the accompanying literature explains what its made of.

I can't wait for my next cruise to buy new pieces!

Anyone else love their 'Inch Of Gold'?

I find the Inch of Gold not only beautiful but a great bargain that i usually buy it in 16 foot lengths and use it as garland replacement for my Christmas tree!! The combination of gold and silver glistening along with the pure white strands of Christmas lights takes my breath away.

Happy Holidays and smooth sailing to all of those luck enough to enjoy the open sea!!!

Best,

Mark

I've never spoken to the merchants, but just standing back, watching, looking at the rolls of "Gold" options, looking at the prices,,, how can anyone not know they are buying crappy trinket.

All I wanted was my crappy trinket to look good for a couple of weeks.

My crappy trinket still looks good 4 years later.

When it stops looking nice, I'll scrap it.

If anyone thinks this stuff is real, then I've got a Nigerian family member who could use your help.

Edited by klfrodo

As long as you know that you are not buying real gold or silver and so it is not really a bargain then it is fine.

Enjoy !

I agree. If you like it, and the price is right, buy it. Right now, real gold, 24 carat, is a little over $1000 an ounce. Obviously you are not buying solid gold anything when it comes to this stuff. Consider it "costume" jewelry, and there's nothing wrong with that!

I've never spoken to the merchants, but just standing back, watching, looking at the rolls of "Gold" options, looking at the prices,,, how can anyone not know they are buying crappy trinket.

All I wanted was my crappy trinket to look good for a couple of weeks.

My crappy trinket still looks good 4 years later.

When it stops looking nice, I'll scrap it.

If anyone thinks this stuff is real, then I've got a Nigerian family member who could use your help.

Exactly! I rarely even keep the receipts. I've bought tons of the dolphin chain for bracelets for gifts. My own stuff all still looks great after years of use. I do not recommend using jewelry cleaner very often. I cleaned one necklace too much and it hastened the "wearing off" process. Did not cost enough to bother taking back, and it was my dumb mistake to mistreat it. When gold prices soared a couple of years ago, we sold a lot of our real gold jewelry. No one to leave it to, and with all the good fakes out there now, who knows the difference anyway? Rather have the nice chunk of change we got for it all. More than paid for another cruise. I've always had a lot of diamond earrings and I have replaced them with CZ'S, they look just as good. No one I know walks around with a jewelers loop! I did buy, years ago, a real gold ring from one of the cruise ships duty free shops. Wish that I had kept that receipt! Cost $400. appraised for $45. Learned my lesson! I am taking a "gold" by the inch chain back next cruise to add a few inches to it. It will be interesting to see if it matches up with the new.:)

I've walked by these tables a many times and have never bothered to stop.

How much does this stuff go for? I'd like a dolphin bracelet :)

The 'silver' chains were the same price as the

.925 chains onshore.

Edited by SadieN

I buy inch of gold as well

Anytime mine starts to look worn, I just take it on my next cruise and have it replaced. No problems, no questions asked

Good Deal if you ask me

Me too. An excuse to cruise, lol.

I have never kept the receipts or little bag. It's still always easy to walk up to them and get a replacement.

I've walked by these tables a many times and have never bothered to stop.

How much does this stuff go for? I'd like a dolphin bracelet :)

STARTS at $1 an inch, can get pricey depending on thickness and chain design. Can't remember dolphin price, and probably has gone up anyway as everything does. The $1 ones are very thin and weightless. I noticed on my receipt last cruise, it was hand written, her math was not good. I was charged 50 cents an inch more than quoted. So, I would suggest you double check the price. If I had to guess I would say I paid about or less than $10. a bracelet. And that includes the closure. Sure there is a better word for that. I see someone posted they did not need a receipt to return. Nice to know. Though I have nothing that needs returning as all have held up well except for the one I over cleaned and it has been trashed years ago. Yes, costume jewelry, but BETTER costume. I have some I paid much more for that tarnished very quickly. I don't like silver color personally so am speaking about yellow gold color.

I find the Inch of Gold not only beautiful but a great bargain that i usually buy it in 16 foot lengths and use it as garland replacement for my Christmas tree!! The combination of gold and silver glistening along with the pure white strands of Christmas lights takes my breath away.

Happy Holidays and smooth sailing to all of those luck enough to enjoy the open sea!!!

Best,

Mark

I saw this post when you 1st shared it. We put up our tree today and it hit me how great the lengths of 'gold' would look. I am measuring to see how much I will need and will do as you did, after I purchase, on my next cruise. Thanks for the great idea!:D

This is not about the "inch of gold", but is somewhat related as to how things hold up, you get from your cruise. Over the years I have stockpiled several of the charm bracelets they give you free. It is an incentive to visit jewelry shops in port. Each participating shop gives you a charm to add to your bracelet. Hoping, of course, you BUY something else. I was looking through my jewelry box lately and saw how much room all that was taking up. All were sealed in original plastic bags. I put all charms on one bracelet, thinking I would give to a friends child. They looked so good, decided to wear myself. Then, I just put in "catch all" on my vanity. About a month later, I decided to wear again.:eek: Completely discolored! Glad I did not give to friends child. Guess doesn't hold up to AIR! Just a heads up.

This is not about the "inch of gold", but is somewhat related as to how things hold up, you get from your cruise. Over the years I have stockpiled several of the charm bracelets they give you free. It is an incentive to visit jewelry shops in port. Each participating shop gives you a charm to add to your bracelet. Hoping, of course, you BUY something else. I was looking through my jewelry box lately and saw how much room all that was taking up. All were sealed in original plastic bags. I put all charms on one bracelet, thinking I would give to a friends child. They looked so good, decided to wear myself. Then, I just put in "catch all" on my vanity. About a month later, I decided to wear again.:eek: Completely discolored! Glad I did not give to friends child. Guess doesn't hold up to AIR! Just a heads up.

Ours did the same thing. :(

• 1 year later...

I have just come back from a cruise. The cruise ship was selling the inch of gold on board. I decided to visit the shop and bought a lovely rose gold chain and a rose gold bracelet with crystals in between the links.

I first bought a gold chain back in 1983 from Rhodes off a market stall. The chain never discolored and I wore it regularly until I lost it 10 years ago. I had the chain for over 20 years. I was so pleased to find out that they still do these chains.

Hello!

I just wanted to share my experiences with Inch of Gold and hear from others about theirs.

My experiences are nothing but positive. I purchased a 'silver' filigree-styled necklace and bracelet back in 2011 on RC Monarch of the Seas. I wore them just about every day for about 2 years before the 'silver' started to dull slightly. I kept the gold plastic bag and guarantee paper, followed the instructions and sent it back. They were replaced with a brand new set!

In 2012 I cruised on the Carnival Dream and again bought a matching 'silver' necklace and bracelet. I also bought a 'gold' necklace in the same filigree-style as the silver necklace I wear often.

I wear both silver bracelets at least 4 days a week (when I am not working as a nurse, I don't wear bracelets to work) and they still look great.

The gold necklace I wear when I want to wear gold.

The jewelry is beautiful, I have received compliments on the filigree-styled jewelry, its design, and no one has ever thought they weren't real. I chose them for their beauty, not to impress anyone, but if it looks real, then hey, why not lol

I have read reviews elsewhere how salespeople state the gold is real and sailing out in International waters is the reason behind the cheap price for 'gold'. That was never stated to me. I was informed up-front what the jewelry is made of and if it ever tarnishes, I could send it back for a replacement. Also, the accompanying literature explains what its made of.

I can't wait for my next cruise to buy new pieces!

Anyone else love their 'Inch Of Gold'?

I have had mine for 20 years and it looks as good as the day I bought it. I had a problem this year where one of the links got caught on something and it was poking out. On my last cruise a few months ago, the salesperson fixed it for me. I wear it quite often, a long chain.

I don't get it. Half the responders said the inch of gold was fantastic. The other half said junk. Been on 20 Carnival cruises and for the first 5 cruises, we bought a couple of those bracelets. My wife would wear them for a week or two. During that time, they looked fantastic. Then they would discolor and you learned the only thing gold about them was the 2 week color but certainly not the metal. So I guess if you are looking for cheap two week jewelry, go for it. If you are looking for real jewelry .......... don't.

I have to say, however, that as you pass the counter just outside the ship store loaded with all kinds of shinny, sparkling and almost gold jewelry, you will be tempted. Just imagine, a $1,000.00 bracelet for only $20.00 ......................... What the heck, it's all part of the cruise. So you will buy one less drink on the cruise, but for 2 weeks, you will have that "What a deal" smile on your face.

I don't get it. Half the responders said the inch of gold was fantastic. The other half said junk. Been on 20 Carnival cruises and for the first 5 cruises, we bought a couple of those bracelets. My wife would wear them for a week or two. During that time, they looked fantastic. Then they would discolor and you learned the only thing gold about them was the 2 week color but certainly not the metal. So I guess if you are looking for cheap two week jewelry, go for it. If you are looking for real jewelry .......... don't.

I have to say, however, that as you pass the counter just outside the ship store loaded with all kinds of shinny, sparkling and almost gold jewelry, you will be tempted. Just imagine, a $1,000.00 bracelet for only $20.00 ......................... What the heck, it's all part of the cruise. So you will buy one less drink on the cruise, but for 2 weeks, you will have that "What a deal" smile on your face.

They'll replace it for you when it turns..........and it will, eventually. Keep your receipt. Better yet, don't buy it on the ship. Every mall in America has someone selling the same stuff. Buy it from them, if you must have it, and then you can get it replaced locally without the hassle of waiting until your next cruise, or worse yet, having to mailing it in to them and waiting.