Hotel Playa Mazatlan

I'm looking at a day pass at this resort for our stop in Mazatlan and wondered if anyone had experiences to share? Looking at photos, it seems like a great option for some family fun, but I'd love to hear from people who been there. Also curious if anyone could share about how far it is from the cruise terminal and options (and cost) for transportation to/from the resort.

http://www.hotelplayamazatlan.com

Come and enjoy a day in our palapas, swimming pool and restaurants from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm any day of the week in All Inclusive Plan.

Adults $30 USD Junior (12 – 17) $27 USD Children (4 – 12) $24 USD

This is a long time favorite of ours. We used to go with our children over 40 years ago, and still enjoy going back. It's fun to watch the vendors coming by towards the shore. They won't bother you if you tell them "no". It cost about $10-$12 each way in an open-air small car we got just outside the port. It well may be the same price inside.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed at this hotel. It is an older hotel with two pools and a beach area with chairs and umbrellas that are off limits to vendors. It is not close to the cruise pier but it doesn't take long to get there by palmania (three passengers in each). We only had breakfast there everyday but it was good. We parasailed close by there. It should be a relaxing day for your family.

I have stayed at this hotel. It is an older hotel with two pools and a beach area with chairs and umbrellas that are off limits to vendors. It is not close to the cruise pier but it doesn't take long to get there by palmania (three passengers in each). We only had breakfast there everyday but it was good. We parasailed close by there. It should be a relaxing day for your family.

Thank you so much for the input, annee. :)

• 1 month later...
This is a long time favorite of ours. We used to go with our children over 40 years ago, and still enjoy going back. It's fun to watch the vendors coming by towards the shore. They won't bother you if you tell them "no". It cost about $10-$12 each way in an open-air small car we got just outside the port. It well may be the same price inside.

We are going to do this when in Mazatlán August 16th. Looking at the pictures does the pool have a waterfall? By any chance do you know any of the spa prices? Is it expensive? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking at a day pass at this resort for our stop in Mazatlan and wondered if anyone had experiences to share? Looking at photos, it seems like a great option for some family fun, but I'd love to hear from people who been there. Also curious if anyone could share about how far it is from the cruise terminal and options (and cost) for transportation to/from the resort.

http://www.hotelplayamazatlan.com

I have always gone to the Hotel Las Flores, a great beach and next to Ponchos, a great place to eat. On the beach you will see many many Carnival Beach Towels and those people from the ship.

http://www.lasflores.com.mx

• 5 months later...

For those that have been there, do you need to make a reservation for the day pass, or can you just walk in and pay that day?

I would love to go back. When I was 12-13, my family spent a vacation there. Not that I knew about him then, but my mom says Rock Hudson was staying there as well, and she saw him on the beach!!

• 5 months later...