Info please on Dubai cruise terminal at Port Rashid

SunshineCoast

Have spent ages researching but cannot find any info on how to get to the nearest metro from the cruise ship. Would appreciate any info on

1) once off the ship how do you get out of the port Rashid area

2) if there is a shuttle - where does it drop you

3) what and where is the nearest metro and bus stop from where the shuttle drops off

4) how far is it walking

Many thanks - any info will be much appreciated

Have spent ages researching but cannot find any info on how to get to the nearest metro from the cruise ship. Would appreciate any info on

1) once off the ship how do you get out of the port Rashid area

2) if there is a shuttle - where does it drop you

3) what and where is the nearest metro and bus stop from where the shuttle drops off

4) how far is it walking

Many thanks - any info will be much appreciated

You will not be able to walk from Port Rashid to the metro. It is a working port so in addition to the distance, safety reasons prevail. When ships are in port, taxis will be available, often the BigBus/HoHo bus, and shuttles to a few of the malls. I have not seen shuttles to Dubai Mall or Mall of the Emirates but others can comment of more recent experiences. If there is a shuttle to Burjman Mall you will be able to get on Metro there to visit the downtown area with Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall.

https://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal/rta/ae/public-transport

Hi, we were just at that port a few days ago getting off the Azamara Journey. There were shuttles to the Dubai Mall and we saw the Big Bus and Hop On Hop Off Bus (2 different companies). They were selling tickets right in the terminal. Taxi's were super cheap. We took a taxi from the port to a hotel next to the Mall of the Emirates and it cost us $19. All taxi's are metered. Do not pay for a taxi inside the terminal, that is a private company and very expensive. Just go outside the terminal and get into one of the many taxi's. If you take the free shuttle to the Dubai Mall you can then take the metro wherever you need to go. A day pass was about $6. There is also fast free wifi at the port. :) Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many thanks for this info. Much appreciated. Looks like we will be able to get to a Metro stop by using one of the Mall shuttles. It will be really useful if a shuttle does go to the Dubai Mall. We will probably be using the Big Bus for 2 days but will use public transport for the 3rd day and as we will be coming back on all 3 days after the HoHo finishes would prefer to use the Metro if possible rather than paying for several taxi journeys.

Again - thanks

Hi, we were just at that port a few days ago getting off the Azamara Journey. There were shuttles to the Dubai Mall and we saw the Big Bus and Hop On Hop Off Bus (2 different companies). They were selling tickets right in the terminal. Taxi's were super cheap. We took a taxi from the port to a hotel next to the Mall of the Emirates and it cost us $19. All taxi's are metered. Do not pay for a taxi inside the terminal, that is a private company and very expensive. Just go outside the terminal and get into one of the many taxi's. If you take the free shuttle to the Dubai Mall you can then take the metro wherever you need to go. A day pass was about $6. There is also fast free wifi at the port. :) Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you then able to take the free bus back to the ship? Where is it located? Was this the only mall that had a free bus? We are staying near and wonder if we can just take the bus to the ship to check in. Thanks.

Are you then able to take the free bus back to the ship? Where is it located? Was this the only mall that had a free bus? We are staying near and wonder if we can just take the bus to the ship to check in. Thanks.

Mercato Mall and Mirdif City Centre have had free shuttles operating from the port to their respective malls. You would have to check their schedules to see if the return times worked for you. Keep in mind that Mercato and Mirdif, though attractive malls are either in more residential neighborhoods and smaller by Dubai standards. Mercado is located near the beach but not near Metro or any other walkable attraction. If you are only in Dubai a short time you may want to prioritize what malls are "must sees" and usually Dubai Mall is on the short list. If you are in a hotel pre-cruise, check to see if your hotel offers shuttle service to a nearby mall for a visit. These shuttles are not conducive to luggage unless it is carry on. It may be worth it to take a taxi when you depart for the ship.

Mercato Mall and Mirdif City Centre have had free shuttles operating from the port to their respective malls. You would have to check their schedules to see if the return times worked for you. Keep in mind that Mercato and Mirdif, though attractive malls are either in more residential neighborhoods and smaller by Dubai standards. Mercado is located near the beach but not near Metro or any other walkable attraction. If you are only in Dubai a short time you may want to prioritize what malls are "must sees" and usually Dubai Mall is on the short list. If you are in a hotel pre-cruise, check to see if your hotel offers shuttle service to a nearby mall for a visit. These shuttles are not conducive to luggage unless it is carry on. It may be worth it to take a taxi when you depart for the ship.

Thanks for the reply. We were planning on taking a taxi, but if it was nearby, we wouldn't mind the free shuttle. Good idea about hotel shuttle, but like you said, probably not worth it. Thanks

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beware of people helping you into taxis. We did not realize until after our luggage was put into the trunk and the lid was closed, that we were in a car with no meter. We paid more than double the metered rate. We were hot and tired, but lesson learned to always be alert.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We are also disembarking on a Friday and since that is their holy day are there likely to be less taxis available ? I understand that the traffic in Dubai can be very busy, so is it any lighter on a Friday morning, we shall need to leave for the airport by 9 a.m. Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from the cruise terminal to the airport? I am trying to decide whether to get my TA to pre book me a transfer or get a taxi on the day.

We are also disembarking on a Friday and since that is their holy day are there likely to be less taxis available ? I understand that the traffic in Dubai can be very busy, so is it any lighter on a Friday morning, we shall need to leave for the airport by 9 a.m. Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from the cruise terminal to the airport? I am trying to decide whether to get my TA to pre book me a transfer or get a taxi on the day.

Taxis should be readily available on Friday morning and traffic should be less. Fare will be around 30 AED ($8.50) You can prebook from the RTA website if you prefer.

http://www.dubaitaxi.ae/en/Pages/TaxiFareCalculator.aspx

We did a wonderful tour out of Dubai that was over 16 hours long. It was the Seven Emirates Tour. I think now they only do six of the Emirates due to time. Check out the Six Emirates Tour, it is great.