Evening Desert Safari: Abu Dhabi vs Dubai

reynoldswrap

I can't recommend a specific company but most have a definite age limit for the 4WD safaris and others make you sign some sort of disclaimer against back injuries/getting hurt. It's a wonderful experience so hopefully you're under age ;-)

I found that when I contacted tourist agencies in Abu Dhabi they turned out to be really from Dubai. Most of the guides add a little extra fee to pick up in Abu Dhabi because it takes them and hour or so to get to that city from Dubai. I also tried a pick-up in Abu Dhabi then a tour of Al Ein (garden city) drop off in Dubai and could not find that combination either. It seems to me that guides take customers to one of the two or three outfits doing the desert safari/dune bashing/dinner in desert type thing. Hard to make a firm call but I believe this to be the case. Abu Dhabi and Dubai use the same tour providers. I am in Dubai in April 2017 and Abu Dhabi in May 2017 (pre and post cruise) so I will try to post here after our trip if I have additional information.

• 4 months later...

I plan to visit Abu Dhabi in March 2018 prior to embarking on Celebrity Constellation. We are over age 70 so we may not meet age qualifications for 4WD. But we want to experience other aspects of the desert tour. Can anyone point me toward a tour company that serves Abu Dhabi for the "senior" dune bashing and particularly the touristy desert experience.

I plan to visit Abu Dhabi in March 2018 prior to embarking on Celebrity Constellation. We are over age 70 so we may not meet age qualifications for 4WD. But we want to experience other aspects of the desert tour. Can anyone point me toward a tour company that serves Abu Dhabi for the "senior" dune bashing and particularly the touristy desert experience.

We are using Emirates Tours & Safaris for all of our tours while in Abu Dhabi before our April Constellation cruise. Since they are Abu Dhabi based, the prices are more reasonable than from the Dubai based ones. We are taking this safari tour, that has no age restrictions: https://www.eatours.ae/tours/half-day-desert-safari/ We are in our 70's and my wife does not want to do the bashing, which is not a problem. They will leave her at the camp while I race around the dunes with others.