is it beneficial to be in port side cabin sailing from west coast to east coast

creel5857

is it advantageous to be on port side sailing from west coast to east coast.......enjoyed being on port side with some of our Alaskan cruises but not sure if it is beneficial with panama canal route......thanks for any input

What I like about a port side cabin on California to Panama leg of the voyage is I prefer morning sun. Meanwhile on the starboard side at the Canal there are a few more items of interest to point out, however that doesn't mean there are not things that you would not want to miss on the port side either. Lots to see at the Canal so the best plan is IMO do be out and about to see what is on either side.

One thing about a starboard cabin, on the morning of your transit from Pac-Atl that you can possibly witness is a sunrise, Seeing the sun break the horizon on the Pacific is something that many of your fellow passengers don't fully appreciate the significance. Here you are in morning seeing the sun rise in the Pacific and later that day you will see the sun set in the Atlantic. Don't believe there are too many places you can experience that without something supersonic! To get the full effect it is of course somewhat dependent on the ship's actual position at sunrise since there are few islands around at the Pacific entrance that can interfere. Also need the weather department needs to hold off the clouds too! For someone like me these weighty decisions are not a problem as I will be up on deck long before sunrise;)!

thanks so much.......I know with the canal we will be out wandering and looking from all perspectives ......just didn't know if any areas coming around coast line (west to east) could be enjoyed from a port side balcony. We have opportunity to slightly upgrade our cabin but it changes us to starboard side and just wondered the pros and cons. This board is so helpful and appreciate all the responses.

thanks so much.......I know with the canal we will be out wandering and looking from all perspectives ......just didn't know if any areas coming around coast line (west to east) could be enjoyed from a port side balcony. We have opportunity to slightly upgrade our cabin but it changes us to starboard side and just wondered the pros and cons. This board is so helpful and appreciate all the responses.

Sometimes port or starboard can be really important but on this particular cruise, I'd take the upgrade. Have a wonderful journey.

• 3 weeks later...