Options for what to do between LAX and San Pedro?

If you can get San Pedro you might be interested in:

The San Pedro Downtown Trolley which operates 12pm to 6 pm. The San Pedro Historic Waterfront Business Improvement District isoffering the Trolley as a free service to both residents and visitors.

or

Battleship USS Iowa Museum 250 S Harbor Blvd, SanPedro, CA 10 am - 5 pm. . The Battleship IOWA Museum is aTop 10 regional attraction and rated one of the "Best Cool Exhibits.

You don't have as much time as you think.

If you have luggage, the earliest you'd be at port is 10am. Porters will already be waiting for your luggage and the check in process should have begun.

sailingmickey has some excellent ideas (the Iowa is docked next to and shares the parking lot with the cruise ships.) but where would you store your carryons?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am not big on flying the day of your cruise but that is a different story.

I would just go to the port.

Let's say you arrive on time.

You won't have your luggage until around 9:20 AM.

Allow one hour to get there and that places you at 10:20 AM.

I can't think of any place worth going. Why not check in and you could take a tour of the USS Iowa.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind...LAX is under construction. We flew in in April and again the beginning of the month...both flights we spent taxiing for well over a half hour waiting on a gate. Both flight on different airlines. So, I would head to the port and consider visiting the USS Iowa.

As others have posted you will have less time than you think. We have cruised many times from LA. Sometimes we drive to the port and can easily time our arrival, if we fly in day of embarkation we often time it a little early as a safety valve. If we get ther quickly we can drop off our luggage and then head off to San Pedro usually to pick up some wines. It's a short jaunt to town.