Jeans...no jeans

luv_cruisin33

Jeans or yoga pants to be worn in what context? Here is the dress code:

Country Club Casual, or elegant resort wear, is appropriate dress for all evenings aboard The Gauguin. Country Club Casual consists of a dress, or skirt or slacks with a blouse or sweater for ladies, and slacks and collared shirts for gentleman. No ties are required at any time, although gentlemen may opt to wear a jacket to the Captain’s Welcome Reception. Please note that casual wear such as shorts, t-shirts, casual jeans (frayed and/or with holes), baseball caps, flip-flops, and Crocs are not considered appropriate after 6:00 p.m. In all restaurants and lounges. Bathrobes and bathing suits are not appropriate in the ship’s restaurants and lounges, and shirts and shoes are required in all public areas at all times.

The only time I put on long pants was for dinner. I had one pair that were only for that purpose. Otherwise it was shorts or a swimsuit. It's much too warm for jeans.

do I need to pack jeans or is yoga pants good enough?

I'm presuming this is tongue in cheek. Yoga pants would be hot in FP I think. Jeans are fine during the day, although I favor shorts or capris. For men, a non-jean pair of trousers, like khakis for dinner. Bathing suits aren't really suitable for the dining rooms at breakfast and dinner, but otherwise fine.

While on this topic, is the dockers/pants required only for dinner (i.e. can I change back into shorts after dinner) or do they have to be worn everywhere in the evening?

Technically after 6:00 pm long pants are require in all public areas.

Most of your questions are answered on the PG website ;)

"Country Club Casual, or elegant resort wear, is appropriate dress for all evenings aboard The Gauguin. Country Club Casual consists of a dress, or skirt or slacks with a blouse or sweater for ladies, and slacks and collared shirts for gentleman. No ties are required at any time, although gentlemen may opt to wear a jacket to the Captain’s Welcome Reception. Please note that casual wear such as shorts, t-shirts, casual jeans (frayed and/or with holes), baseball caps, flip-flops, and Crocs are not considered appropriate after 6:00 p.m. In all restaurants and lounges. Bathrobes and bathing suits are not appropriate in the ship’s restaurants and lounges, and shirts and shoes are required in all public areas at all times."