Emerald Princess

Scott531

Just got off the Emerald Princess this morning (6/25) after Alaska cruise. Any questions please ask.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Forums mobile app

Hi. We go next Sunday on the same trip. Any tips are welcome. We are struggling with the type of clothes to take. (Due to weather). Also, How many formal nights and are they really formal? We appreciate the info as this is our first Princess cruise and we are normally in the Caribbean-- uncharted territory!

Hi. We go next Sunday on the same trip. Any tips are welcome. We are struggling with the type of clothes to take. (Due to weather). Also, How many formal nights and are they really formal? We appreciate the info as this is our first Princess cruise and we are normally in the Caribbean-- uncharted territory!

2 formal nights. We seen several couples dressed to the hilt while others wore just slacks, shirts with ties or open collar and the women wore pants or dresses. The weather was in the low 60' s in Ketchikan but Juneau and Skagway were in the 70's or low 80's. Victoria was 91° on Saturday night. The scenic cruising to the glacier was in the 30's.

2 formal nights. We seen several couples dressed to the hilt while others wore just slacks, shirts with ties or open collar and the women wore pants or dresses. The weather was in the low 60' s in Ketchikan but Juneau and Skagway were in the 70's or low 80's. Victoria was 91° on Saturday night. The scenic cruising to the glacier was in the 30's.

Will provide more later getting ready to catch flight home.

Did you see Tracy Arm Fiord,or another Glacier?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you see Tracy Arm Fiord,or another Glacier?

Not the original poster, but I was also on this cruise. We did not cruise into Tracy Arm Fjord due to too much ice in the water. We sailed Endicott Arm and saw Dawes Glacier. I've never been to Tracy Arm before, but from pictures it looked very similar to Endicott. Very beautiful!

Not the original poster, but I was also on this cruise. We did not cruise into Tracy Arm Fjord due to too much ice in the water. We sailed Endicott Arm and saw Dawes Glacier. I've never been to Tracy Arm before, but from pictures it looked very similar to Endicott. Very beautiful!

Thank you for your kind reply[emoji4]

Did you see/hear the naturalist? It so worth it?

The naturalist on board was Shelley Gill. I enjoyed listening to her very much. I tried to make it to one of her appearances in the theater but we got to doing something else and I missed her. I was pleasantly surprised that evening when it aired on the TV. She really seemed to know what she was talking about and I liked the way she discussed things, a lot of enthusiasm and love for Alaska.

Layers, layers, and more layers! ;) I brought 2 jackets, one that could fit under the other in case I needed that (and I did in Endicott Arm - plus hats and gloves). At Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway (and embarkation day) I only needed one jacket (and I did need it). Victoria had gorgeous weather, almost too warm. Don't trust the Patters to tell you the exact temperature - if you can check on a weather app before you get off the ship do that. We wore long sleeves and brought jackets when we got off the ship in Victoria and it was hot. We went to Butchart Gardens, so luckily the bus ride was long and air conditioned and cooled us off. The gardens weren't terribly warm, but I did almost have to buy a t-shirt there. Seattle on disembarkation was very warm and bright and sunny. Really a perfect day! I suggest checking a weather app or website for the forecast before your trip and pack what you think you'll be comfortable in for the weather. We brought a little bit of everything.

There are two formal nights on this cruise - Monday and Friday (at sea days). Formal nights are what you make of them. My husband wore a nice suit and my daughter and I wore nice dresses. At a table near us, the men were all wearing tuxes and the women very nice dresses (not quite ball gowns, but nicer than what we were wearing). And another gentleman near us was wearing nice jeans and a blazer. You will see a little bit of everything, and after dinner some people changed clothes, and some stayed in what they wore to dinner. Nothing anyone else was wearing affected my evening at all. But the shoes I wore definitely affected my evening ;)

The naturalist on board was Shelley Gill. I enjoyed listening to her very much. I tried to make it to one of her appearances in the theater but we got to doing something else and I missed her. I was pleasantly surprised that evening when it aired on the TV. She really seemed to know what she was talking about and I liked the way she discussed things, a lot of enthusiasm and love for Alaska.

Oh that's great!! I really want to hear her. Anything else you would totally recommend on board seeing/doing/insider tips?

There are two formal nights on this cruise - Monday and Friday (at sea days). Formal nights are what you make of them. My husband wore a nice suit and my daughter and I wore nice dresses. At a table near us, the men were all wearing tuxes and the women very nice dresses (not quite ball gowns, but nicer than what we were wearing). And another gentleman near us was wearing nice jeans and a blazer. You will see a little bit of everything, and after dinner some people changed clothes, and some stayed in what they wore to dinner. Nothing anyone else was wearing affected my evening at all. But the shoes I wore definitely affected my evening ;)

What did you think of the meals/menu in the dinning room on the formal nights?

Oh that's great!! I really want to hear her. Anything else you would totally recommend on board seeing/doing/insider tips?

I wish I could, but there wasn't much we actually did lol! Just relaxed and ate a lot of food. We loved doing trivia and every host was great. I'm not a fan of karaoke, but people who did go said it was a good time. The balloon drop was a bit cheesy but it was fun. There was a Dixieland Band the first night that my husband and I both enjoyed but we never saw them in the Patter again. I don't know if they were in one of the clubs because we didn't visit them besides for trivia.