Does anyone know if Romeo is still a server on the magic?

terkov

• 2 weeks later...

Does it really matter who your server is? It isn't like he is going to remember you. If you assume he serves 25 people at early dining and another 25 at late dining that is 50 different faces per 7 days cruise and then assume he only works 9 months out of the year.

50 people x 9 months x 4 weeks per month x 2 years = 3600 guests served

That is 3600 guests minimum, not including faces he runs into while doing other duties on the ship. More than likely he has a "schtick" so you would likely hear the exact same lines and stories. Also since you only have a first name that is really not enough information to go on to assured you have the same waiter.

Does it really matter who your server is? It isn't like he is going to remember you. If you assume he serves 25 people at early dining and another 25 at late dining that is 50 different faces per 7 days cruise and then assume he only works 9 months out of the year.

50 people x 9 months x 4 weeks per month x 2 years = 3600 guests served

That is 3600 guests minimum, not including faces he runs into while doing other duties on the ship. More than likely he has a "schtick" so you would likely hear the exact same lines and stories. Also since you only have a first name that is really not enough information to go on to assured you have the same waiter.

If he's a good server, he checks the names of the people at the tables he's serving. And can cross reference whether he was likely their server. Yes, it does happen. We've often had servers and head servers come to our table to "remind" us they served us on a previous cruise.

True, he may not really remember them, but he can make it seem like he does.

Also, requesting specific servers makes for a good mark on their personal file.

True, he may not really remember them, but he can make it seem like he does.

I guess if you get off on false intimacy then go right ahead and request a waiter. Lots of service industry people make notes on prior guests and in this digital age of CRM even big companies track data points about guest preferences and personal history. Luxury lines keep notes about guest preferences so they can personalize service from cruise to cruise.

For example, I don't really believe that my dentist who only sees me for maybe 5 minutes every six months really remembers that I went to Disney last year. I don't care that they do it, but it isn't something I am going to seek out on my own.

If you really want to have positive remarks made about a crew member then write a note to corporate with all the specifics of the person and how they increased your satisfaction.

I guess if you get off on false intimacy then go right ahead and request a waiter. Lots of service industry people make notes on prior guests and in this digital age of CRM even big companies track data points about guest preferences and personal history. Luxury lines keep notes about guest preferences so they can personalize service from cruise to cruise.

For example, I don't really believe that my dentist who only sees me for maybe 5 minutes every six months really remembers that I went to Disney last year. I don't care that they do it, but it isn't something I am going to seek out on my own.

If you really want to have positive remarks made about a crew member then write a note to corporate with all the specifics of the person and how they increased your satisfaction.

I respectfully disagree. We've run into dining room staff who most definitely remembered us. We also have favorites who we request when we're back on their ship. I've maintained friendships with them after the cruise.

I respectfully disagree. We've run into dining room staff who most definitely remembered us. We also have favorites who we request when we're back on their ship. I've maintained friendships with them after the cruise.

Totally agree with you. We even have one server and his family stay with us while on vacation. In fact I make a personal note to get to know others, like my dentist whom actually just asked about the health of a plant I had planted one year prior we joked about. It is not uncommon for people to remember others. If they make an effort to do so. But it's a two way street and typically people who treat others as they are beneath them won't ever experience this. Or Perhaps we have personalities they want to remember unlike someone in particular responding to this thread (whose posts by the way had ZERO to do with the question posed and who appears to never have experienced the Disney service that has crew remembering past guests .)

Edited by terkov

It is not uncommon for people to remember others. If they make an effort to do so. But it's a two way street and typically people who treat others as they are beneath them won't ever experience this.
Geez, way to jump to conclusions. I don't need to have an intimate relationship with my dentist or server. As long as we are cordial to each other and are respectful this doesn't imply that either is below the other. I also don't need to have an intimate relationship with my clients. I remember and notate relevant facts to the scope of services I was contracted to do, but I certainly don't consider them below me (or me to them) simply because I didn't learn that their kid's piano recital was in January or that they planted petunias in July.:rolleyes:

I have to completely disagree with you 110%. The memory on many of the cuiseline employees is amazing and they are not referring to cheat sheets or digital tracking.

This is what happened to me - We sailed on the Disney Magic one year and our assistant waiter was Jules. Four years later, I was sailing on Holland America's Eurodam and I was getting my lunch from the Lido buffet when one of the buffet attendants recognized me and said that he was my assistant waiter several years ago. I said "are you sure? I have never sailed on Holland before?" He was quite sure, so I racked my brain for the next 3 days trying to figure out how he knew me. Later that cruise when I saw him again, I asked if he used to work for Carnival or Disney and those were the only other lines I had sailed. Sure enough, he was our assistant Disney Magic waiter. Now there is NO way he had a cheat sheet to help him with that!

Amazing!

I have to completely disagree with you 110%. The memory on many of the cuiseline employees is amazing and they are not referring to cheat sheets or digital tracking.

This is what happened to me - We sailed on the Disney Magic one year and our assistant waiter was Jules. Four years later, I was sailing on Holland America's Eurodam and I was getting my lunch from the Lido buffet when one of the buffet attendants recognized me and said that he was my assistant waiter several years ago. I said "are you sure? I have never sailed on Holland before?" He was quite sure, so I racked my brain for the next 3 days trying to figure out how he knew me. Later that cruise when I saw him again, I asked if he used to work for Carnival or Disney and those were the only other lines I had sailed. Sure enough, he was our assistant Disney Magic waiter. Now there is NO way he had a cheat sheet to help him with that!

Amazing!

We had a similar experience, although on the same line. We had Zoran as our server on the Magic in 2001. Two years later, we were back on the Magic. As we walked into the dining room for the first time, Zoran spotted us and came to give us a big hello. We thought we might be at his table again, but it turned out that we had a bit of a surprise, we had his wife, Andrea, instead and he was working adjoining tables. His instant recognition was no feign. Hr truly remembered us (and we him).

• 6 months later...
we were hoping to request him again but it's been 2 years. Also trying to remember where he was from. Thank you!!

We just got off the Magic on 1/31/17 and had Romeo as our server. He is from the Philippines. It was his 20th Anniversary of being on the Magic.

I recall Romeo though he had never been my server. He is a close friend of Ricky also a Filipino server who recalls my whole family. Yes they remember!!

I was on the Magic in 2014 for the Baltic Cruise and I had deliberately left my daughter's shoes in the trash can as I wanted to get rid of it. 2 years later I got back on the Magic in 2016 for the Spain cruise and one the host who I have never met before told me that Maricar, who was our host in the 2014 cruise reminded me that I had left my daughter's shoes in the cabin - 2 years ago. How in the world did she know that I had left the pair of shoes 2 years ago. I cannot fathom that. Yes they remember.

Another example is when I return to Palos in the Magic several servers such as Alvin and Andrew will exclaim loudly, " Sir, welcome back!" then they inquire why the others who were present in the last cruise are not on board in the present cruise. Yes, they remember.