Will we enjoy Odyssey?

rainbowhays

My wife and I have not had the pleasure of sailing with Seabourn but we are considering a round Britain cruise on Odyssey next year.

We like the smaller ships such as Azamara so the size of Odyssey appeals to us.

What is important to us on a cruise is friendly service, good interaction with bar staff, fantastic and innovative cocktails, and good food.

We tend to stay on the ship rather than go on excursions. We like to relax in a hot tub.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I sailed on Azamara for the first time in January and would certainly sail with them again. Everything you look for on Azamara is on Seabourn - only more so! (Although must admit Azamara's steak was very memorable!). Friendliness, great service and interaction, good food, etc etc. Seabourn is in the top league (we've done 140 days plus).

We also just off the Encore.600 people was way too many people for us.The ship did not work for us.

If you are use to the larger ships it might be right for you.New to SB you will probably like it.

I gave my opinion of the ship on another thread.

I have been on the Odyssey, Quest and Sojourn, and will be on the Encore (same as the Ovation) in a few months. Even though there have been several Seabourn regulars providing feedback about the Encore that suggests the larger size may not be as good as the 3 smaller ships, you may find that staying on the ship rather than disembarking for shore activities could mean you almost have the ship to yourself for the majority of the port days. That means your service will be even more personalised, the hot tubs will be vacant, and the ship is yours to enjoy almost as your own yacht! I have been on Azamara too, and enjoyed it, but thus far all my Seabourn cruises have been my best experiences.

Rainbowhays as a fellow Brit you will know to pack your umbrella, raincoat, wooly jumper, swimming trunks and factor 50 sun cream because if our weather over the last two weeks is anything to go by you will probably use them all in the same day. :D Personally I would stick with the Odyssey class ships until the teething problems with the bigger ships, which quite a few people are posting about, are sorted.

I have been on the Odyssey, Quest and Sojourn, and will be on the Encore (same as the Ovation) in a few months. Even though there have been several Seabourn regulars providing feedback about the Encore that suggests the larger size may not be as good as the 3 smaller ships, you may find that staying on the ship rather than disembarking for shore activities could mean you almost have the ship to yourself for the majority of the port days. That means your service will be even more personalised, the hot tubs will be vacant, and the ship is yours to enjoy almost as your own yacht! I have been on Azamara too, and enjoyed it, but thus far all my Seabourn cruises have been my best experiences.

We thought so too - it's usually been the case on Odyssey, loads more room when in port. Not on Encore - most people seemed to stay on board, much to our disappointment! By 2pm the pool deck was jammed.

Thank you all for your replies. They have given me a greater insight into Ovation, one that I would not have picked up from looking at Seabourn's website.

Based on the fact that we are not "destination " people and our former quoted preferences, which ship and itinerary would you suggest?

Sojourn, Odyssey or Quest. Choose an itinerary in nice weather that goes to smaller scenic ports. If you do not get off the ship, you do not want to be stuck looking at an industrial port like Civitavecchia. Plus, you might want to get off the ship for a stroll around the town. Look at the Adriatic cruises.

Would not cruise with the Encore ships class again. Too big and pretentious. Not impeccable service.

Kind regards,

Tony

I'm afraid I agree. To add insult to injury Seabourn have actually shaved a bit off the size of the rooms. It was noticeable even before I had it confirmed by others. Pool Grill restaurant service was not good. However I'm happy to say that we always had impeccable service of the old style from Miguel, the bar tender in the Observation Lounge. A Seabourn old-timer, I'm guessing. Like you we are sticking to the smaller ships from now on.

From the published dimensions, the cabin sizes for the verandah cabins are the same size, but from reports here, a slightly different shape. (Slightly narrower)

O class and the Encore verandah cabins (apart from a few cabins in specific locations) are both 365 sq ft with balcony. I will be able to make a comparison in a couple of weeks but I'm sure the cabin will be fine.

Oh dear! Well I am about to find that out for myself. It might be my first and last Encore cruise!

we have already had our first and last cruise on Encore, and wont be trying Ovation. Every negative comment I have read here, I agree with 100%. If I want a "big ship" eexperience, I will book a cruise on a big ship at half Seabourns price!

We will be on Odyssey in a month and are looking forward to it. We have not booked the Encore, or Ovation as it is too big for us...or until the feedback is much better. Our last cruise prior to Sojourn was on the old Legend with Windstar this past March where service was outstanding. We really do appreciate the smaller ships with more personal service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sunprince, I did speak to some on Encore who liked the ship. So it will work out in the end, different ships for different folks - and those of us who prefer Odyssey and the others will have the smaller ships to ourselves. When do you join Odyssey? We may just miss you as we don't sail until August.

It shouldn't be a big challenge! Looking forward to Dinner outside the Colonnade in that amazing harbour. Do get in touch for a drink if you feel so inclined, room 722. If not, no problem and enjoy the rest of the cruise.

We embark on July 29th, so we will make sure the ship is in good order for your arrival [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the same cruise - this will be my first with seabourn (have been on SeaDream, RC & Norweigan...never a megaboat again!). Am very much looking forward to it!!

We are on the same cruise - this will be my first with seabourn (have been on SeaDream, RC & Norweigan...never a megaboat again!). Am very much looking forward to it!!

I'm sure you will enjoy it. Make the most of your evening in Valletta - a lovely city just to wander around and have a drink.

Have you checked the "sticky" thread at the top of these posts? You can get a $400 onboard credit in certain cases. It's against CC protocol to go into detail here, but take a look at the sticky. And - have a great cruise. You have made a good choice finding Seabourn.:D:D