Coach transfer

spf

Hi travelling on Aurora in two weeks time and using Intercruises transfer from North West. Have previously used Eavesway but this time coach was offered at booking. Just wondered if anyone had travelled with Intercruises recently and how they compare. Thankyou.

Eavesway have their own coaches which are similar whereas I think Cruise Connect charters firms so the coaches can vary.However we have used both Eaveway and Cruise Connect and have not had problems with either firm.

We used Intercruises for the first time and we were well impressed. The coaches were amazing and top quality. The seats were all leather and the coaches new. VERY well organised and great drivers. We were sceptical but after that experience we would not hesitate in future.

Hi travelling on Aurora in two weeks time and using Intercruises transfer from North West. Have previously used Eavesway but this time coach was offered at booking. Just wondered if anyone had travelled with Intercruises recently and how they compare. Thankyou.

Because Intercruises(Cruise Connect) charter coaches their coaches won t say Intercruises on them!! They sometimes use Ellison I think but we have heard of people who have nearly missed the coach because they presumed the coaches waiting weren t theirs!!

We have just got back from a two week cruise on Arcadia. Used Intercruise . Cannot comment on Eavesway as this was our first cruise. The coach we picked up was an Ellisons coach , large comfortable coach and excellent driver. At our pick up point in Chester there was also an Ellison's coach for Britannia.

Same kind of coach on the way back but we were delayed for an hour because we waited for passengers from Aurora who were not transfered so we had to go round to the other dock to pick them up. However not Intercruise's fault just poor communication at the port.

Excellent journey there and back , no holdups , but it was a Sunday.

I would use them again

When P&O first started to use Intercruises they were pretty poor, our first experience was on a coach that leaked in rain and we were convinced that we would not get to Southampton but we have used them several times since and they have used Ellisons coaches which are excellent or Leons which are more local to us and are again very good. I would have no concern about using Intercruises in the future.

Edited by Josy1953
Spelling

We have just got back from a two week cruise on Arcadia. Used Intercruise . Cannot comment on Eavesway as this was our first cruise. The coach we picked up was an Ellisons coach , large comfortable coach and excellent driver. At our pick up point in Chester there was also an Ellison's coach for Britannia.

Same kind of coach on the way back but we were delayed for an hour because we waited for passengers from Aurora who were not transfered so we had to go round to the other dock to pick them up. However not Intercruise's fault just poor communication at the port.

Excellent journey there and back , no holdups , but it was a Sunday.

I would use them again

Interesting to here you travelled from Chester - was it the Holiday Inn - Chester South?

We are travelling on the 4th August to Ventura - wife and 2 kids. Were you able to park your car at the hotel for the duration of your holiday?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When P&O first started to use Intercruises they were pretty poor, our first experience was on a coach that leaked in rain and we were convinced that we would not get to Southampton but we have used them several times since and they have used Ellisons coaches which are excellent or Leons which are more local to us and are again very good. I would have no concern about using Intercruises in the future.

That's interesting. My brother and his daughter will be using the coach transfer next year as there isn't sufficient room in our car. He will catch it from either Keele or Hilton Services so it will probably be Leons.

Hi spf

We got the Intercruises coach connection from Bolton (Premier Inn/Harvester Middlebrook) in May and had Ellisons to Southampton and Leons coach return. No issues at all apart from M6 traffic on the return, but that is to be expected as it was a Friday. Have previously used Eavesway and no difference to be honest.

Interesting to here you travelled from Chester - was it the Holiday Inn - Chester South?

We are travelling on the 4th August to Ventura - wife and 2 kids. Were you able to park your car at the hotel for the duration of your holiday?

Cheers

Hi

We got a taxi to there , it was The Holiday Inn Chester South. However I know of someone who goes and parks the car there when they go on a cruise but I don't know what they charge. Best to contact the hotel direct

Enjoy the cruise.

That's interesting. My brother and his daughter will be using the coach transfer next year as there isn't sufficient room in our car. He will catch it from either Keele or Hilton Services so it will probably be Leons.

There is no way of knowing, on one occasion we were on Ellisons from Keele and there were already a number of passengers on it, it then picked up at Hilton Park and the NEC. When we got to Warwick services there were 2 Leons coaches with an Azura sign on them so going to the same ship but not picking up in Stoke or Stafford. Strangely on the return journey we were on Ellisons but it was half empty and only had passengers for Keele and Chester.

We travel down from Scotland and sometimes pick up in the NW and it's always been Ellison's coaches. We've had from the luxury of the Everton FC coach to just coaches which were comfortable but not luxurious. We'd travelled with Eavesway and were worried about CC but it's been okay

Beware of the coach transfer companies double servicing, eg. 2 years ago we disembarked Oriana and boarded Eavesway coach to Heathrow. We had to wait further down the quay for Arcadia pax to disembark and board coach, total waiting time 3 hours. Together with 2 hour ride to Heathrow, made our flight window a bit tight. Eavesway don't do the Southampton - Heathrow run anymore, Cruise Connect do, but no doubt they double service if there are more ships in from Carnival Brand - P&O, Princess, Cunard, HAL etc. Think we will go National Express, done it before, at least they leave on time.

Intercruises operates worldwide inc Australia and USA and is the shore operator for Carnival, transfers, shorex etc. They sub contract to coach companies. Cruise Connect would be their trading name for transfers.

Hi, first time with P&O. I am getting the coach from Manchester Airport to Southampton on 27th Oct. Does anyone who has done this before know what time the pick up usually is?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi, we were from Keele Services and it was Ellisons - and they were fab!

[Hi, first time with P&O. I am getting the coach from Manchester Airport to Southampton on 27th Oct. Does anyone who has done this before know what time the pick up usually is?

Thanks in advance.

Mark]

I have never heard of a coach service from Manchester Airport for P&O cruises. We live near to the airport and get the coach from Knutsford Services.. Please advise details of the coach from the airport as this would be very useful for us.

David

[Hi, first time with P&O. I am getting the coach from Manchester Airport to Southampton on 27th Oct. Does anyone who has done this before know what time the pick up usually is?

Thanks in advance.

Mark]

I have never heard of a coach service from Manchester Airport for P&O cruises. We live near to the airport and get the coach from Knutsford Services.. Please advise details of the coach from the airport as this would be very useful for us.

David

I assume that this is for the transatlantic repositioning cruise where P&O operate a free coach just for this from the airport.

Brian

Hi, first time with P&O. I am getting the coach from Manchester Airport to Southampton on 27th Oct. Does anyone who has done this before know what time the pick up usually is?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

I have not heard of this. The coach we got from Chester had come from Bangor and Llandudno.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

we've got the coach from Manchester airport when we were on a repositioning cruise, think it was approx. 8am, but it was a few years ago. Don't worry P&O will let you know

I assume that this is for the transatlantic repositioning cruise where P&O operate a free coach just for this from the airport.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Yes this is the transatlantic cruise. I am still waiting on the details from my travel agent about times etc. :)

we've got the coach from Manchester airport when we were on a repositioning cruise, think it was approx. 8am, but it was a few years ago. Don't worry P&O will let you know

Thanks Sue, I was unsure of how long the journey was to Southampton from Manchester Airport :)

Thanks Sue, I was unsure of how long the journey was to Southampton from Manchester Airport :)

Assume around 5-6 hours depending on traffic. There will be a stop about half way. There will be more than one coach, maybe around ten. Each coach will set off as it is filled.

Brian

Thanks for all the replies re my impending first outing with Cruise Connect. Pick up half an hour later than when travelled previously with Evesway from Preston.

Fingers crossed for luxury both ways:)

Hi - travelling with Intercruises/Cruise Connect from Chester to Southampton on 4th Aug. We received our confirmation pick up times yesterday and I was a little surprised at the pick up time- 09:00 to arrive at Ventura at 15:30. To anyone who has travelled from Chester/ the North West - is this usual? I was expecting a 7am pick up / 1pm (ish) ship arrival.

Thanks