Breaking news

Now that's progress...

But what about all that out-of-bounds and large deck space on deck 12 currently occupied by the Retreat? There's a big jacuzzi, seldom used, that could be easily altered for the laundrette's overflow. Which there will be since there are 600 passengers on Encore and Encore apparently will have only 2 washers and 2 dryers in the laundrette. Just plumb in a couple of more machines!

The Retreat has full bar service, too. So it could deliver an event, an alfresco and spontanous Block Party alternative to the contrived and uncomfortable stand-around-in the corridor when the the CD and hapless Capt and HM breeze by, nod and wave to the 600. Of course, someone will have to knock the price down from the current Retreat's $350/couple for the "Signature Laundrette Experience" to take off. How about making it complimentary and open daily, Seabourn, like the other laundrette and the bar service?

Happy and healthy cruising!

Signature Launderette Experience at the Retreat: Guests pounding their laundry in a soap-filled jacuzzi and hanging it to dry in overhead lines while champagne is served to those waiting in line with their laundry bags ...

Edited by marazul

Oh Marazul-

The imagery is overpowering!

First there's the Signature Meet Your Neighbor Corridor Party. And later in the cruise the chance to slip out and head up to the Retreat to do (ahem) laundry! Spin those rinse cycles.

Yes, another Signature Event: Afternoon delight with your neighbor(s), your whites get fluffed AND your partner will be impressed at your eager enthusiasm!

Champers for everyone!

Happy and healthy sailing!

Thank you Marjorie wonderful news we are already in Rome waiting to join you on Saturday. After a week in Italy we definitely need at least one load of washing. Champagne in the laundry , what a good idea a sip or two whilst ironing would certainly break the boredom.

I missed the party. I was too busy trying to get a record quantity of dirty laundry into a 50$ laundry bag.

What a shame, we were waiting with bated breath for your first hand account👍😀

BTW, how many items did you manage to stuff in ? ( my best is 38, but that included 2 pairs of mens slacks and seven shirts).

I did read on here some time ago that someone managed 50 items ( might have been hankerchiefs though ?)

Seeing you missed the party Les Picantins, 554085d352802ac4e566f78523a1c51b.jpg084516db4eb3f3d54309ded6e9222793.jpghere are the other two Facebook photos

Also I commented on Facebook "about time, what about Ovation"? And Seabourn replied

"Yes, right now the plans are for Seabourn Ovation to have a launderette."

(for 600 pax?)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did read on here some time ago that someone managed 50 items ( might have been hankerchiefs though ?)

Recall a drink with a former officer on Legend who regaled us with the story of the early morning senior crew meeting at which Exec Housekeeper revealed that a passenger had managed to load 52 items in to a laundry bag. Did include handkerchiefs and skimpy undergarments, but was seen as a record. The HD was not happy!;p;p