Marriott at IAH

cruzgryphon

Hi all,

Did a search but didn't come up with anything on this topic. I have a late arriving flight (11:30pm) the night before a cruise (Liberty of the Seas) and was thinking the best option would be to stay at the Marriott at IAH and then take ship transfer to Galveston the next morning. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Marriott at IAH (I'm assuming it is onsite at the airport) and if you did, what you thought of it? Any other options to consider?

TIA :)

Sounds like a good plan. We have done this previously.

The hotel is quite old but has had some refurbishment.. There is nowhere to walk for last minute forgotten items, but the first time there we were able to purchase wine/ snacks from inhouse shop at $19. Second time shop was being refurbished so not possible. Soft drinks were available to buy at Reception. You would have time to take taxi early morning if desperate, to a store.

Hotel offered a very good buffet breakfast for $20 per person. Not sure restaurant would be open when you arrive and didn't use room service as we had eaten on international fight.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Garden to sit in morning whilst waiting for transfer/ get some air. No aircraft noise in our room. Not a lot to look at except planes.

Hotel is accessed from airport via small, free underground shuttle(about 5 mins). RC also had a meet and greet with bus transfer. Free wi fi in lobby

Royal Caribbean transfer was well organised. Collected bags and coach transfer about 1.5 hours, including pick up of passengers arriving at airport. Got to port about 1pm

We would do this again if on tight schedule, but now retired so can fly in earlier and enjoy few days both pre and post cruise at Galveston

We enjoyed Liberty of Seas. Hope you do too.

Edited by Reina del Mar
Additional information.

Sounds like a good plan. We have done this previously.

The hotel is quite old but has had some refurbishment.. There is nowhere to walk for last minute forgotten items, but the first time there we were able to purchase wine/ snacks from inhouse shop at $19. Second time shop was being refurbished so not possible. Soft drinks were available to buy at Reception. You would have time to take taxi early morning if desperate, to a store.

Hotel offered a very good buffet breakfast for $20 per person. Not sure restaurant would be open when you arrive and didn't use room service as we had eaten on international fight.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Garden to sit in morning whilst waiting for transfer/ get some air. No aircraft noise in our room. Not a lot to look at except planes.

Hotel is accessed from airport via small, free underground shuttle(about 5 mins). RC also had a meet and greet with bus transfer. Free wi fi in lobby

Royal Caribbean transfer was well organised. Collected bags and coach transfer about 1.5 hours, including pick up of passengers arriving at airport. Got to port about 1pm

We would do this again if on tight schedule, but now retired so can fly in earlier and enjoy few days both pre and post cruise at Galveston

We enjoyed Liberty of Seas. Hope you do too.

Thanks so much for the information. Just to confirm, if I just get the RC Transfer (not the hotel from RC), they will make a pick up at the hotel itself without me having to go to the airport itself to meet the transfer?

Thanks so much for the information. Just to confirm, if I just get the RC Transfer (not the hotel from RC), they will make a pick up at the hotel itself without me having to go to the airport itself to meet the transfer?

We booked hotel and transfer through RC so can't be sure.

You may have to return to airport to pick transfer up there. This would not be too difficult using the underground train. We took a little trip back to the airport prior to catching the transfer coach as we wanted to speak to the airline about our return flight..takes minutes.

We booked hotel and transfer through RC so can't be sure.

You may have to return to airport to pick transfer up there. This would not be too difficult using the underground train. We took a little trip back to the airport prior to catching the transfer coach as we wanted to speak to the airline about our return flight..takes minutes.

Great!! Thanks for the information - something I'll definitely have to look into :)

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed there this past May, I thought it was a nice hotel. I think there are too parts to the hotel if I'm correct, there is the tower looking hotel you see from the road and then there is a weird part to lower rooms - just ask for the tower if they've been updated. the lower rooms are nice, but just weird getting to it - I know this doesn't make sense, but hope it helps., But it is so nice, just getting on the tram and goes right to the hotel.

I stayed there this past May, I thought it was a nice hotel. I think there are too parts to the hotel if I'm correct, there is the tower looking hotel you see from the road and then there is a weird part to lower rooms - just ask for the tower if they've been updated. the lower rooms are nice, but just weird getting to it - I know this doesn't make sense, but hope it helps., But it is so nice, just getting on the tram and goes right to the hotel.

Thanks very much for the great feedback and suggestion. Will definitely keep it in mind if my plans work out the way I hope they will next April.