New Orleans French Quarter Taxis

retired4213

Hello, It has been years since cruising out of NOLA. Staying in the French Quarter and was wondering what is the taxi rate to Cruise Terminal for 2 passengers? Is there a Port Add-On for drop off within the gates? Thanks

Two years ago, we were staying at the Marriott very close to the port on Convention Center Blvd, not the one on Canal. It cost two of us $14.00 to literally go about a 3/4 of a mile loop to get around the convention center to the next street where the terminal was at, 4 minutes tops! if the convention center had a way to walk through it, we could have walked it in 4 minutes! Check and see if the Hotel you are staying at offers a shuttle that will carry multiple people there for a much better fare!

We were just in Nola and if I remember correctly the fare should be about $18.00. You can also check rates anywhere at taxifarefinder.com. Healyeah30 is correct you can probably walk it unless you have mobility issues and a lot of heavy luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two years ago, we were staying at the Marriott very close to the port on Convention Center Blvd, not the one on Canal. It cost two of us $14.00 to literally go about a 3/4 of a mile loop to get around the convention center to the next street where the terminal was at, 4 minutes tops! if the convention center had a way to walk through it, we could have walked it in 4 minutes! Check and see if the Hotel you are staying at offers a shuttle that will carry multiple people there for a much better fare!

You can walk through the Riverwalk Mall. Take any of the exits to the boardwalk, walk all the way to the end closest to the ship, walk down the stairs, and cross the 4 or 5 lanes in the port.

I walked all the way from the Greyhound station via Julia St. It took about 30 minutes. It would have been less, but I stopped to finish a few lengthy texts. I went through the exit next to the children's play area. I only had my 22" backpack, but I would still walk that far if I had additional bags(only if they have wheels).

On January 19th, I will be staying at the Aloft. On the 20th, I will take Canal streetcar 48 or 49 to Harrah's and transfer to the Riverfront streetcar(2) and go to the Julia St stop. I am staying at the JW Marriott for three nights starting on the 25th. I will take the streetcars again on the 28th. My mom will be with me on both cruises.

An adult one-way bus/streetcar fare is $1.25 and a senior one-way fare is $0.40. Transfers are $0.25 for everybody and are good for 2 hours. Transfers usually won't work for a roundtrip. The only exception that I know of is if you take 48 one way and then 49 on the way back. Children 2 and under are free. Children 3 and older have to pay a full adult fare. A one day pass is $3 and is good for 24 hours(ex. buy pass at noon day one, good until noon day two).

I will buy a one day pass on January 19th. I will buy three one day passes for the second stay. On February 4th, I will pay a one-way fare and a transfer to get to Greyhound. I willI will pay a total of $13.65 for myself. It will be cheaper for my mom to pay one-way fares and transfers because she is a senior. She will pay about $8.45 total. For riding for seven days, we will likely pay a total of $22.10. That is much cheaper than taking a taxi or Uber five times and walking everywhere else.

There is a stop at the Carnival terminal after the Julia St stop. The Riverfront streetcar didn't go to that last stop on April 7th. The Triumph left on the 6th. I am fairly certain I saw people getting off at the Carnival terminal stop on February 9th. The Triumph left that day.